The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Where is the historic achievement you have mentioned?

From UEFA's press release:
""
Qualification for the UEFA Champions League will continue to be open and earned through a team’s performance in domestic competitions.

One of the additional places will go to the club ranked third in the championship of the association in fifth position in the UEFA national association ranking. Another will be awarded to a domestic champion by extending from four to five the number of clubs qualifying via the so-called “Champions Path”.

The final two places will go to the clubs with the highest club coefficient over the last five years that have not qualified for the Champions League group stage but have qualified either for the Champions League qualification phase, the Europa League or the Europa Conference League.
""

The last paragraph mate.

That’s what ‘highest coefficient’ means. Finish in Europa Conference League position but have a better coefficient rating then you’re in.

So - West Ham finish 7th, Liverpool 8th. West Ham in the Europa, Liverpool in the CL based on historic achievement.

It fucking stinks, and if we think that’s a positive solution to all this - or ‘doing the right thing’, like so many seem to be saying - that just goes to show how desperate we’ve become.

Master plan? Don't think so mate. Monumental fuck up far more probable. Given everything we know these clubs have thrown at us I find it increasingly incredible that we would put our names to this. It was probably our biggest ever opportunity to change the narrative around our club and our owners have shot themselves in both feet.
If by doing it we could strike a killer blow to clubs like Liverpool and United, that sees them exiled from the PL and their players outcasts from their national teams, playing in a lucrative but meaningless competition, then I think I could just about find it in my heart to forgive City.

But, like you said, monumental fuck-up that leaves a very nasty taste is the more likely.

We do know quite a bit.

32.5% divided between the 15 'founder members'.
32.5% divided between all 20 clubs.

That means as a founder member you're getting around 3 times what the 5 seasonal invitees are getting. If there's a total pot of £1bn, the founder clubs will get £48m each and the other five £16.25m each out of that billion.

20% done of PL-type merit basis, presumably based on where you finish. Let's say that's based on some sort of share basis (1 share to the bottom club, 2 to the second bottom, etc). So, based on that £1bn, the bottom team gets just under £1m and the top team £19m.

That's a very simplistic calculation but it means that a founder member winning it could receive at least £67m, and an invitee coming bottom gets about £17m, based on my. hypothetical basis of merit allocation.

We can't add the 15% done on this as-yet-undefined "club commercial awareness" basis, as we can't really work that out but it's certain that clubs like United, Real, Barca & Liverpool will be among the major beneficiaries of that.
Thank you for that, so its not 99% to the rags and we get 10p then. Shocker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.