Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging players by what clubs/countries they play for is ridiculous. Judging players by what trophies the teams they play for have won is equally ridiculous. This is a team sport. You can only make a fair assessment by watching the player.

Bernardo has had one good season since he signed. The same for Gundogan. Mahrez has had maybe half a season where he hasn’t been completely useless. Sterling, the player most are trashing, has arguably been the most consistent. He just hasn’t performed this year.

I value consistency.

Honestly, you've completely lost me. We have been the most consistent team in the league under Pep. All the players that you'd push out the door for Grealish have played HUGE parts in that consistency and in those titles.

I'll put it another way. I value Manchester City Football Club and it's current players because they're the best we've ever had. Sometimes I feel like I have to apologise for that on this forum because it seems riddled with people who only want talk the club, manager, and players down.

Maybe.

It’s interesting how we talk about clubs and their owners. Why do you think it is that we talk about Villa and Leicester like they’re small fry selling clubs but talk about Levy and Spurs as if he’s the baddest bad man a boardroom has ever seen? I don’t mean you specifically just in general.
Out of all the owners Levy does seem the one who would make things as difficult as possible, I'm sure he's going to make kane's life hell before he sells him, if he sells him. The owners of Villa and Leicester I don't know enough about but if the rumours of grealish going are true and villa are signing two midfielder players for the price of grealish then the figures could point to only one thing.
Or maybe they are planning for next season.

But no smoke without fire.

A word for the Leicester owners, they've made 120m from us and the rags but have replaced both with signings either on frees or under 20m. That's pretty shrewd business.

Honestly, you've completely lost me. We have been the most consistent team in the league under Pep. All the players that you'd push out the door for Grealish have played HUGE parts in that consistency and in those titles.

I'll put it another way. I value Manchester City Football Club and it's current players because they're the best we've ever had. Sometimes I feel like I have to apologise for that on this forum because it seems riddled with people who only want talk the club, manager, and players down.
So we don’t try and improve the squad for the next two or three years because you like that this is the best period in our history?

It was only last week that Pep said “when you are winning, it is the time to add two or three players to keep it fresh and keep everyone pushing”. Do you disagree with that/him?

The most consistent team does not imply a squad full of consistent players. You cannot make a solid argument that Bernardo has played to a consistently high level since we signed him. I never said that I’d push any of those players out of the door. Only that Grealish would comfortably start.

You need to put biases aside when judging the quality of players. A player is not automatically exceptional because he plays for City. There is plenty of room for improvement regardless of what we have won.

So we don’t try and improve the squad for the next two or three years because you like that this is the best period in our history?

It was only last week that Pep said “when you are winning, it is the time to add two or three players to keep it fresh and keep everyone pushing”. Do you disagree with that/him?

You're not improving anything by signing Grealish. That's my only point, which seems to rankle a lot of people. I think that Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, KDB, are all better than him and I am not interested in losing any of those guys for Jack.

The two or three players need to be in positions in which you need strengthening. So in our case that'll be a 9, a left back, and a DM/CM as things stand. Of course if one of the players I've listed demands a transfer and we have to go sign another forward, then Grealish will make the list. But right now he's a luxury we just don't need IMO.

Its very basic....Grealish is technically superior,much more intelligent and adaptable,and far better at possession based football,than Sterling.

If we have the opportunity to upgrade,and progress,and that goes for any player,we should be doing everything in our power to do so.

Its very basic....Grealish is technically superior,much more intelligent and adaptable,and far better at possession based football,than Sterling.

If we have the opportunity to upgrade,and progress,and that goes for any player,we should be doing everything in our power to do so.
I'd love to know how you've come to that conclusion.

You're not improving anything by signing Grealish.
In your opinion.
That's my only point, which seems to rankle a lot of people.
Because lots of people disagree.
I think that Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, KDB, are all better than him and I am not interested in losing any of those guys for Jack.
But it appears Pep may disagree.

But right now he's a luxury we just don't need.
And again, it won’t be you or I that make that decision.

The most consistent team does not imply a squad full of consistent players. You cannot make a solid argument that Bernardo has played to a consistently high level since we signed him. I never said that I’d push any of those players out of the door. Only that Grealish would comfortably start.

You need to put biases aside when judging the quality of players. A player is not automatically exceptional because he plays for City. There is plenty of room for improvement regardless of what we have won.

With respect, I think you're wrong. I'm not biased, I'm just respectful of the players in the squad and what they've achieved on the pitch for City.

You cannot make a solid argument that Jack Grealish has played consistently at a high level throughout his career, and he's 25. If he were really at the level that you're suggesting, then he'd be hot fucking property right now. He isn't.

With respect, I think you're wrong. I'm not biased, I'm just respectful of the players in the squad and what they've achieved on the pitch for City.

You cannot make a solid argument that Jack Grealish has played consistently at a high level throughout his career, and he's 25. If he were really at the level that you're suggesting, then he'd be hot fucking property right now. He isn't.
Given the choice, who would you pick for left sided forward for England against Croatia next week? (No cop out answers saying Rashford or Foden please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.