Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Wow JRB ….send them to City FAO Khaldoon. Seriously he seems to have no idea. That is beyond disgraceful.

Dont we have some sort of fan’s representation where these could be shown too? I know @Prestwich_Blue used to be on it…maybe he could pass them on.

Never seen anything as bad as that for an entertainment complex that is supposed to attract the public.

Makes me feel more at home all that disrepair!

Garrry was not sacked in disgrace and continued to work for the Sheik for some time.

He in my humble opinion was an outstanding CEO who understood the club and the fans, unlike the present incumbent.
Ok - ‘tendered his resignation after a thorough investigation was completed into the disgusting emails’.

And ‘knowing where the bodies are buried’ meant it would always be a soft departure from working for City/Sheikh Mansour for Garry.

But I get your point about him being closer to the fans than the existing board. But that suited us at that time of our development. I liked him and he was innovative in the the first steps to growing as a club and good at getting the fans onboard.

But he made many mistakes and was considered a joke figure by many other clubs which was not good when you are trying to establish as an elite club.

You only had to read the interview he gave a year or two ago to Daniel Taylor to see how shambolic some things were ‘under his watch’.

Back to the stadium issue there are many things planned such as the player statues which will change how the perimeter area looks in the coming months. I don’t know why people are so angry about how things look at the moment when the season hasn’t started yet.

And ironically Garry Cook planned for statues to be erected many years ago and even had a artist submit plans before they were scrapped for some reason.

Ok - ‘tendered his resignation after a thorough investigation was completed into the disgusting emails’.

And ‘knowing where the bodies are buried’ meant it would always be a soft departure from working for City/Sheikh Mansour for Garry.

But I get your point about him being closer to the fans than the existing board. But that suited us at that time of our development. I liked him and he was innovative in the the first steps to growing as a club and good at getting the fans onboard.

But he made many mistakes and was considered a joke figure by many other clubs which was not good when you are trying to establish as an elite club.

You only had to read the interview he gave a year or two ago to Daniel Taylor to see how shambolic some things were ‘under his watch’.

Back to the stadium issue there are many things planned such as the player statues which will change how the perimeter area looks in the coming months. I don’t know why people are so angry about how things look at the moment when the season hasn’t started yet.

And ironically Garry Cook planned for statues to be erected many years ago and even had a artist submit plans before they were scrapped for some reason.
What has the season has not got started to do with anything?

People come to the stadium and surrounding area every day of the year, not just on match day.

The stadium and area are a advert for the club and at this time not a good one.

I understand there will be major changes in the coming years but as said before, why can't the area be cleaned and kept tidy and well maintained?

Not sure how big a deal the shabbiness is. Probably will get resolved in the fulness of time.

A contributory factor is that there are dozens (maybe hundreds) of people around the stadium all day every day (even before the store reopened).

Walkers (with or without dogs), runners (varying abilities), skateboarders, cyclists, rollerbladers, tourists (often disappointed that you can't direct them to the statues), people doing press ups, planks etc.

The place is a real hub for the local community.

We have concrete walls.

PXL-20210821-121724066-2.jpg

PXL-20210821-121808558-2.jpg

PXL-20210821-121727311-2.jpg

PXL-20210821-121745412-2.jpg

That is very poor, who is responsible for even the general tidyness around the stadium.

We should offer to come and sort it out, if the Club provide the materials and refreshments.
I’ll do it. I don’t start back at work until 1st September and I’m just going to be at home and at the gym or out on my bike in those ten days.

What’s the capacity now we’ve installed the new advert boards? I imagine it’s dropped to around 54k now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.