Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

It's quite clear that Mendy & Ake are no where near good enough for this squad, time to cash in.
We need to bring in a left back who can defend & one who has a footballing brain. Also i would have Sandler over Ake every day of the week.
Adam ? hell yes haha

Came out the blocks really quick and looked good in the opening 20 minutes. Mahrez and Cancelo both should've scored.

After that we were 2nd best. Spurs were sharper to everything and they just kept opening us up on the counter. Cancelo whilst decent going forward is nowhere near Walker's level, Ake was basically playing left back and centre back and got exposed, and as for Mendy - wow, pathetic. We cannot persist with this guy any longer, he is an absolute liability. He has no defensive awareness whatsoever and he is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. We need to play Zinchenko, Laporte, Cancelo or Ake before him. He's a last resort LB.

On the positives I thought Grealish looked good at times and both KDB and Jesus were decent in their small cameos when they came on. We'll get better with game time and just need to win the next two as the players get fitness in their legs.

A poor performance, but not overly concerned yet. We'll improve and today highlighted the need for a top striker. We weren't clinical when we had the chances in the opening part of the game. Harry Kane in those positions we'd have been 2-0 up.

Laboured display. We very rarely carve out clear goal scoring opportunities anymore.The walking build up play and possession is meaningless. We have been here before with Pep. He will work hard to resolve issues.

On the players, the squad is not good enough. It’s a simple observation. We have a few weak areas namely lb/st/dm. We can’t fix all at once so need to be patience. Few players looked not interested in chasing and fighting and we need to start to move them on.

It’s a shame to get beat by Spurs especially to another son goal. The rudderless rhythm of our overall play from back to front is very laboured and slow.

Inject some urgency. We needed to shake out of this slumber.

Time to get back to grinding out 1 Nile wins and work on getting the attackers firing again.

I thought gundo was also fine. Torres was also fine he just had fuck all decent service.

It was no surprise to me that when mendy and sterling came off we looked better.

The big dissapointment for me was mahrez after the preseason he had...
i have to agree with that, was expecting big things from Mahrez and Cancelo but we seemed to keep going down the let and Mendy slowed every opportunity we had to snail pace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.