Harry Kane

Yeah, what happened with Bale really was that he couldn't go until Tottenham made their signings.

With Bale, Tottenham didn't make the signings they wanted until the penultimate day of the window. One day after Lamela and Eriksen were signed, Bale was gone.

That's what is expected to happen here. But hopefully not as late.
Yeah But it's also true that levy was firm on the price. He only let him go when real increased the priceScreenshot_2021-08-18-04-51-49-651_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Yeah But it's also true that levy was firm on the price. He only let him go when real increased the price
No, the point is that it was never about increasing the price. That was all just paper talk.

It was all about Tottenham making their signings first so that they
1) Had replacements ready
2) Didn't get shafted on the price of those replacements

This is something that happens a lot.

Nah No offense taken
From what I've read from Spurs media Romero had been training for longer than kane. Not sure the exact fitness thing but there does seem to be legimitate concerns from Nuno that he isn't fit.
Playing against some cork farmers is surely the perfect way for Kane to get some fitness and goals?

Can we say the same for Spurs? Their financial situation won't improve, a win over us is no indication of them being some top 4 side magically without a significant revamp of their squad. At worst we won't win the league again, but come back stronger next year.
Good post. This is really what it comes down to for me. Cut out all the noise, and Spurs fans can imagine themselves as the deeply moral upholders of English football despite being central players in the establishment of the Premier Legaue and European Super League, if it makes them feel better about themselves. But a bad season for City is not signing Kane, possibly finishing 3rd or 4th, and Pep wasting a year he's got left. Spurs could, at a push, finish fourth, but an opening day win against us doesn't prove much, and they need one of United, Liverpool, City, and Chelsea to have a very poor season and one of Leicester, Everton and Arsenal and possibly Villa to not have an above average season in order to even get close to the CL. And that is their best season they can hope for. Kane knows this, the world knows this, Spurs and their fans....don't?

This isn’t evidence of anything unless you are naive about how business in football works and believe what people say in public at face value. If you believe Inter would have rejected the same bid Chelsea offered from ANY other club, I can’t do anything!

You’re correct — we’re going in circles. Good night.
Not even going to argue anything else but, no one bid that amount on Lukaku for a reason. Only one club did. It's not about naivety here at all, it's just an account of what happened. You're basing on what if scenarios, what if City bid, what if United bid etc. Irrelevant to whether Inter would have accepted.

There's even cheaper strikers on market like Lautaro, Vlahovic and others. We haven't bid for them either. You don't just bid big money for someone unless you know you can convince them, applies to us at least, in our transfer strategy so far. Don't think we're the type of club to just bid 80-90-100m or whatever on players unless we don't expect them to join us. You've missed the point here entirely, we didn't go for Lukaku for a reason, unless as I stated before you're firm in belief that our scouting department of higher ups are naive and idiots to miss out on Lukaku, in which case it's also totally fine if you believe that.

You do realise you've just posted a screenshot which shows that Levy was putting it out there in the press that he would hold out for 100 million pounds, but as we know, would later accept the 86m Real were offering?
Yeah deleted the post now. I got confused. My mistake.

Going to be a looooooong couple weeks for some of you in here if you react to every news update.

Levy wants this all the be done in the press, he's wants to be seen as some top negotiator, unwilling to be pushed around by big bad city.

City wouldn't still be in the race if there wasn't a deal to be done, You really think our lads are sitting around trying to phone levy, "I'm sorry Khaldoon, he simply won't pick up his phone, We'll try again tomorrow".

This is potentially a massive massive deal, add to the fact it's between prem clubs, I mean look at villa, they managed to long it out and they literally had to sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.