It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We most definitely don't need a DM (for now at least). Rodri is excellent and Fernandinho is a more than capable back up. We're not going to sign another one and have 3 players for that one position.

We will need one next Summer though when Fernandinho leaves.

Rodri does well when teams sit off and don't press him.

He does significantly less well when they press.

Regardless if Mendes turns out to be a world beater or not, can't deny PSG move quickly on deals. Their board just get things done off the field.

Of course lets see if Poch & his onfield players perform with the tools & resources now provided.
Moving quickly isn’t always a good thing
Leaves you with lots of players you don’t wAnt later on
City obviously never wanted mendes, otherwise we’d buy him
Same as Bruno Fernandes, just using city to drum up interest

Not at all, Zinchenko is now top class and gets caught out positionally less than Walker or Cancelo. His play inside is better than any full back I can think of. The only thing he probably lacks is blistering pace. Too many still look at him as a midfielder, he only plays there for Ukraine is because he's better than anything else they've got. With Cancelo, Ake and Laporte at a push we've got enough. Money can be best spent elsewhere
Not sure. If Cancelo gets injured, does Walker have to play every game? And would we really be happy with Ake/Laporte on the left for quite a few games?

It was a battle against them last season at home, our defence had the best game they had in the champions league. But PSG were constantly attacking. Add Messi , Hakimi , Mendes to that it’s going to be a difficult/close game.
No Mbappe in the second leg either

Large signing on bonus? Agent fee paid to his dad? Performance related bonus clauses?
No matter how they do it I still think the outlay will be a problem, I'm not sure about the release clause but say it's 70m, fees to his dad and agent 40 or 50m, wages 350 to 400 a week. Think I am talking myself round here, still cheaper than Kane.

Very surprised City haven’t gone for Mendes when it’s £35m.

Always got the impression it was the €50m they were quoted that put them off previously.

Looks like it's been a poor transfer window from us despite getting Jack Grealish, but suppose we won't truly know if it has until the end of the season.

We most definitely don't need a DM (for now at least). Rodri is excellent and Fernandinho is a more than capable back up. We're not going to sign another one and have 3 players for that one position.

We will need one next Summer though when Fernandinho leaves.

Rodri isn't excellent. He has major flaws, and we see glimpses of them every week. Less so when we're flat track bullying dross, but they always get massively exposed in tightly contested fixtures. And that's where the league will be decided this season.

It'll become a priority position for the club soon, I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.