Maine Rd terrace characters

I think they said something about not wearing Blue and white glasses, ''Shame on you'' or similar, it was a bit tongue in cheek. He is a great bloke, lives in Milton Keynes, I have spoken to him a few times. He said he was thinking about moving to Spain a couple of years ago but he is still here. I asked him once if he ever got into any bother wearing all that gear at away games and he told me he has even worn it to Millwall a few times and had no trouble.

I think this site, the club or a fanzine need to get him in for an interview and that the club should be doing something to honour fans like this before they are lost to us forever. Give him some appreciation while he is still going to and enjoying games, not a round of applause when he is dead and gone.

'Ere 'ere.

Praps he'll get us all a drink in.....he obviously don't spend much on drapes ??

Oh right, although not seen her around for a while.....

Re Brad Doyle, used to play football with him and his brothers, not the red one! Although he can look after himself and is as mad as a hatter he will always look after fellow blues as well. Mind you it is the quieter ones in the family who are the real hard nuts although i wouldnt mess with any of them
One mad family lol,

Not a 'name' but certainly a character. Me and a mate were in the Kippax in the early 70s for an evening game against Blackpool. We got talking to a lad and we were discussing trouble at away games when he said that when things kicked off he'd hit the opposition 'with this' & pointed to a long scarf that went down to his shins (very popular at the time). We were somewhat puzzled until he showed us that he had a golf club sewn into either side :)

Anyone remember a little chubby bloke used to stand in the Kippax 60s/70s. Wore a hand knitted blue and white pullover. Stood there silent, then every now and again would shout, 'UP BLUES'

I've just read all 18 pages and I can't believe the number of people mentioned who I know or have had contact with..

Les Tate from Langley... my brother in law was a big mate of his... Tiny Ted Davies who used to manage Mercer Celtic... I played for Mercer Celtic and knew Ted well... Bulldog... growing up in Hulme I used to go drinking with Bulldog in The Shakespeare... Johny Muir... I think he smacked me one night in Cheetham Hill!... Jocky... regularly have a chat with him before the match... And there's probably a few more that I've forgot.

Ah, the memories.

Just spotted this , i know its a while back but you are getting Les Tate mixed up with Les Cracknell who was from Langley ....now he did go looking for trouble ,made the NOTW paper for a report about stabbing Chelsea Fans for a £1 a pop 71/72

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.