Climate Change is here and man made

UK population has gone up 10 million since the year 2000.
That’s 10 million requiring more electric, gas, cars, oil etc.
Whatever we do to limit emissions and pollution etc seems futile when our population is increasing at such a rate.
Thats why Elon Musk is trying to get us to Mars, while we ridicule and laugh at him for it.

Thanks for your adult response, welcoming debate; outlining your beliefs for future dialog or indeed - should we concur - for possible enthusiastic agreement. And especially for continuing to engage in debate - explaining our differences (where they exist) and agreeing on core beliefs otherwise.

You sir, are a tribute to us all!
And you ,sir, are a lying, arrogant, rude, shithead. I will continue to debate but not with you. Hope that's clear enough for you.

And you ,sir, are a lying, arrogant, rude, shithead. I will continue to debate but not with you. Hope that's clear enough for you.
Another thoughtful response. I applaud your willingness to debate - perhaps expected in light that I've not insulted you. Thanks very much for treating me in kind.

And thanks for pointing out that I'm a liar. Though I confess ignorance on this point. No doubt you'll fill me in on this in a later post.

Arrogant? Actually I profess to know nothing at all on the topic of climate change - I simply follow the science.

Rude? I apologize if I were perceived as being rude. Surely you're recent attitude sets an example against such behavior.

Shithead? - Well, this leaves me dumbfounded - especially as you seem to value traits counter to this remark.
===
Most of the above is over-the-top obvious cynicism - well-deserved from your posts - but here's a thought.

Why not engage in the possibility that you are wrong? Or if not wrong - why not explore the other side's viewpoints - to see where they are wrong - and then proceed in constructive dialog. Perhaps you'll convince those opposed to your viewpoint - perhaps those opposed will convince you; a healthy debate helps us all (don't you think?).

As opposed to this - you fling insults and petulantly declare that you are unwilling to engage in further discussion.

Last edited:
Another thoughtful response. I applaud your willingness to debate - perhaps expected in light that I've not insulted you. Thanks very much for treating me in kind.
===
The above is over-the-top obvious cynicism - well-deserved from your posts - here's a thought.

Why not engage in the possibility that you are wrong? Or if not wrong - why not explore the other side's viewpoints - to see where they are wrong - and then proceed in constructive dialog.

As opposed to this - you fling insults and petulantly declare that you are unwilling to engage in further discussion.
1. You called me a liar by insisting that my saying I was not a Climate change denier was untrue
2 I will debate with any adult using adult arguments.
3 Wrong about what? I have not entered any statement about my own beliefs.
4 Strange isn't it that you alone have reacted to my posts in this way?
5. You have not bothered to read any of the refs I posted, why not? Those refs are themselves challenging received wisdom. Why not give the founder of Greenpeace a listen. Too difficult for you? Oh, of course his views are "fact free".

1. You called me a liar by insisting that my saying I was not a Climate change denier was untrue
2 I will debate with any adult using adult arguments.
3 Wrong about what? I have not entered any statement about my own beliefs.
4 Strange isn't it that you alone have reacted to my posts in this way?
5. You have not bothered to read any of the refs I posted, why not? Those refs are themselves challenging received wisdom. Why not give the founder of Greenpeace a listen. Too difficult for you?
>> 1. You called me a liar by insisting that my saying I was not a Climate change denier was untrue
Huh? Where did I call you a liar?
>> 3 Wrong about what? I have not entered any statement about my own beliefs.
That's a remarkable statement. How is it we've come to this point seeing that you've "not entered any statement about my own beliefs."
>> 4 Strange isn't it that you alone have reacted to my posts in this way?
Not much to and fro on this thread besides you, me and a very few others.
>> 5 ...
Look... I get that it's hard to parse truth from falsehood - and you, a right-leaning individual are especially challenged this way... assuming that you even care about the truth.

You distrust mainstream media - so anything ABC/NBC/CNC/PBS broadcasts say - you're against it.

I can only say - you are deeply 100% absolutely wrong when you go against respected journalism.

And as you're addicted to Fox, listen to Chris Wallace.

The above sentence will sail over your head as a pompous left-wing remark. Obviously Fox/Breitbart are correct in your opinion.

Which is why America is fucked. The right - such as you - willingly disregard fact/science/reality - and come up with all sorts of idiotic beliefs - lizard people, space lasers, election stolen, vaccines cause autism or are a plot to nano-particle track citizens, or a Hillary Clinton pedophile ring resident in a pizza joint, or... what-the-fuck ever.

The Right in the USA cares not at all about Democracy (rule of the majority) - it wants rule of themselves regardless of popular opinion (fascism).

Last edited:
No but chopping down huge swathes of the Amazon to produce produce to feed animals for slaughter for human consumption is.
Yes, I meant that it is not the eating that is at fault but the method of rearing. Mixed farming, animal and crops, is actually beneficial to the environment. Soil is preserved in good order and absorbs more CO2.
Experiments are now under way into both grass and cattle breeds that produce less methane. That should be the focus.
In any case the first target has to be fossil fuel burning. Agriculture accounts at the very most for 30% of emissions. Beef is one third of that, next lamb and third rice.
Target the rearing of cattle not the consumption, nor meat generally.
(Side light: cows don't fart methane, they are ruminants)

I thought at first that you just had the wrong end of the stick, but now I'm sure you are deliberately misrepresenting me. I have wasted enough time already. In debating circles, misrepresentation is considered the lowest of the low, not just childish but dishonest. You should be ashamed of yourself. End.
I apologise if I have misrepresented you and not sure if this is actually a response to another poster who has claimed you are a climate denier which I certainly have not in fact have stated the opposite.

Again if its a response to another poster no dramas but my post that you have replied to its seems was directed at BMATP.

Yes - but if we're screwed based on climate models unless we as a society adapt massive change - and that's where we are by the way - then we need to adapt massive change and should other nations fail to do so - pressure them accordingly.

It's counterproductive to assume that other nations won't recognize the imperative for change and will not act as we do... moreover, it's not at all clear that green technology/nuclear fission is going to be more expensive than fossil fuel power generation.
Not if the modelling is way off the mark.

Just do your bit Blue as I alluded to keep iphone purchases to a minimum , in fact don't have one , stop driving if you can and being a passenger in one , reduce your co2 footprint to a minimum.

Cease wearing clothes that are petro - chemical dependant , that will do for starters and before I forget don't take any holidays that involve getting on a plane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.