Guitar Thread

I bought a Gibson Les Paul in 1998 and it's been an every-present for me since then. I'm sure it's responsible for my slightly bad back!

I've always wanted a Telecaster but a still yet to actual buy one.

What's everyone favourite chord?
i like B me, where you put your index finger over the 6 strings and then your ring finger (2 frets down) squashes the other 5 strings. C is good too, and G, even D come to think of it, but i'm not fond of E.

What's everyone favourite chord?
i like B me, where you put your index finger over the 6 strings and then your ring finger (2 frets down) squashes the other 5 strings. C is good too, and G, even D come to think of it, but i'm not fond of E.
FE8DC9CD-0F12-40A2-AEB7-284596286AE4.jpeg

I’ve been buying guitars for probably close to 25 years I have lost track of how many I owned over the years, A few of my guitars I have pawned to that pawn shop just outside of Arndale usually at a loss.

My first electric guitar was a Hohner cherry red strat-copy that I bought from Argos for £79 I think around 1994.

Then I over the years I bought these guitars, going for more quality ones as how I was able to afford them more.

Fender Squier Telecaster Blonde finish
Yamaha Pacifica Strat copy Black finish
Jackson green sunburst finish
Fender P-Bass Blonde finish
Fender CD-60 (my guitar when I was staying in Bowden Court uni dorm)
TGM 5 string bass
Epiphone Wildcat Yellow
Epiphone SG Black finish
Ovation acoustic
Fender Sonoran Acoustic Black Finish
Fender Telecoustic Black finish
Fender Squire Hello Kitty black finish
Epiphone 399 Pro Black Royale Limited Edition
Epiphone Nighthawk Tobacco Sunburst
Gretsch Pro Duo Silver Glitter finish
Gibson SJ-200 (?) acoustic black
Fender Chris Shiflett Telecaster
Epiphone EB-1 Bass

I think that‘s about everything I can remember. Each one has a memory such as a gig. Around 1/3 of the guitars especially the most recent ones I bought either from Dawsons Piccadilly or Thomann. The costliest one is the Gibson which I sold, but the majority are affordable guitars such as the Epis. I was saving for a Gibson DG-335, but have now invested on other non guitar things.

But my main instrument is actually the drums, Grade 8 Rockschool even.

EDIT: I’ll gradually post pictures here if I ever find them. But these were the Fender Sonoran and Epi 339-Pro Black Royale that I bought from Thomann quite a while back, and another Grestch other than the Pro duo

Attachments

• F014D732-4D62-422F-9290-7E3699B0DB1B.jpeg
    F014D732-4D62-422F-9290-7E3699B0DB1B.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 5
  • C4584D5D-6D04-4C73-953D-2C879DD0BB52.jpeg
    C4584D5D-6D04-4C73-953D-2C879DD0BB52.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5
  • FDB7151A-962F-4BF1-858E-95F6E3FFCA10.jpeg
    FDB7151A-962F-4BF1-858E-95F6E3FFCA10.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I’ve been buying guitars for probably close to 25 years I have lost track of how many I owned over the years, A few of my guitars I have pawned to that pawn shop just outside of Arndale usually at a loss.

My first electric guitar was a Hohner cherry red strat-copy that I bought from Argos for £79 I think around 1994.

Then I over the years I bought these guitars, going for more quality ones as how I was able to afford them more.

Fender Squier Telecaster Blonde finish
Yamaha Pacifica Strat copy Black finish
Jackson green sunburst finish
Fender P-Bass Blonde finish
Fender CD-60 (my guitar when I was staying in Bowden Court uni dorm)
TGM 5 string bass
Epiphone Wildcat Yellow
Epiphone SG Black finish
Ovation acoustic
Fender Sonoran Acoustic Black Finish
Fender Telecoustic Black finish
Fender Squire Hello Kitty black finish
Epiphone 399 Pro Black Royale Limited Edition
Epiphone Nighthawk Tobacco Sunburst
Gretsch Pro Duo Silver Glitter finish
Gibson SJ-200 (?) acoustic black
Fender Chris Shiflett Telecaster
Epiphone EB-1 Bass

I think that‘s about everything I can remember. Each one has a memory such as a gig. Around 1/3 of the guitars especially the most recent ones I bought either from Dawsons Piccadilly or Thomann. The costliest one is the Gibson which I sold, but the majority are affordable guitars such as the Epis. I was saving for a Gibson DG-335, but have now invested on other non guitar things.

But my main instrument is actually the drums, Grade 8 Rockschool even.

EDIT: I’ll gradually post pictures here if I ever find them. But these were the Fender Sonoran and Epi 339-Pro Black Royale that I bought from Thomann quite a while back, and another Grestch other than the Pro duo
That's quite the list - any certain affinity to the Hello Kitty?

What in the world could be so important that no-one is posting in the guitar thread? ;-)

Just landed back in the UK and been bidding on eBay for FX pedals (without any luck this far), still no closer on a decision as to whether I am going to sell a couple of guitars for a better one.

I'm hoping inspiration strikes me over the weekend............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.