Religion

To be fair, some of them marched in sevens. Must have been a big fucking boat. The thing I love about creationists is that they spend so much time trashing science when it contradicts something in their holy book, but the second there's some proper scientific evidence that even hints that part of it might be true, they're all over it. For example, there's a certain amount of geological evidence for a large flooding event in the Middle East that could have explained the Noah myth. Creationists are all over this. But when the same field present evidence for the age of the earth or the survival of fossils, they don't want to hear it.
It must have been a tidy hike to get on the boat for a hamster or a beetle...

To be fair, some of them marched in sevens. Must have been a big fucking boat. The thing I love about creationists is that they spend so much time trashing science when it contradicts something in their holy book, but the second there's some proper scientific evidence that even hints that part of it might be true, they're all over it. For example, there's a certain amount of geological evidence for a large flooding event in the Middle East that could have explained the Noah myth. Creationists are all over this. But when the same field present evidence for the age of the earth or the survival of fossils, they don't want to hear it.

I thought the Noah myth (like most of the abrahamic religions guff) was just nicked from earlier myths across the ancient world and is originally the story of the great china flood that were brought over by merchants and tied into the great samarian flood of around 2000BC.

If you really study religions or belief systems older than the main religions of today, you find nearly all the creation, disaster and saviour/messiah stories are the same but adjusted to fit each society.

I mean the visit of gabriel to the pregnant mary is lifted directly from the story of Siddhartha Gautama

Last edited:
We will see how long they last. I wasn't saying they collapse immediately without faith, only that their ability to endure long term is in doubt.
That doesn't sound creepy in the slightest. "See how long they last".

What, are you praying for their downfall so your misguided view is proven correct or something? The Scandinavians are going from strength to strength, their social and economic models are admirable and faith has had zero influence on its success.

It must pain you to see people succeeding having rejected God, mustn't it.

I thought the Noah myth (like most of the abrahamic religions guff) was just nicked from earlier myths across the ancient world and is originally the story of the great china flood that were brought over by merchants and tied into the great samarian flood of around 2000BC.

If you really study religions or belief systems older than the main religions of today, you find nearly all the creation, disaster and saviour/messiah stories are the same but adjusted to fit each society.

I mean the visit of gabriel to the pregnant mary is lifted directly from the story of Siddhartha Gautama
I remember reading about an Aboriginal creation myth that was exactly what you'd expect from a group of people who travelled through Indonesia and across the sea to get to Australia. I think most myths will have a basis in historical events of one sort or another.

That doesn't sound creepy in the slightest. "See how long they last".

What, are you praying for their downfall so your misguided view is proven correct or something? The Scandinavians are going from strength to strength, their social and economic models are admirable and faith has had zero influence on its success.

It must pain you to see people succeeding having rejected God, mustn't it.
Hes a ****. The type of dangerous, deluded **** that makes people hate religion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.