Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers in SA look terrible for infectiousness but so far they're looking brilliant for hospitalisation and death considering the infectiousness.
While I hope this holds out i think this week will be the telling week.

If the standard 1 week lag continues with omicron. 7 days ago they were at 2k cases.

mid by the end of this week it’s still looking good hospitalisations wise then I’ll be thinking things are looking up for sure.

If that's true then I've fallen victim to my own anti media bias and just gone from the headline. Didn't they say they weren't using this particular vaccine for this reason though and do you have any links to back this up? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity and not in the hope of winning an argument.
Decision to drop the AZ vaccine from the booster programme is almost entirely petulance on the part of the Gov. based on AZ's decision to select a non-UK site for their new manufacturing facility.

I see GPs have opted out of making home visits to vaccinate those stuck at home.
GPs really have covered themselves in glory during this pandemic (NOT).
I kind of see your point, but in fairness doctors and nurses have worked very hard over the last 20 months or so, and they are dedicated individuals that want to help people.

I find it quite depressing when people slag them off as being lazy, when the real ire should be directed at the 'reforms' this government imposed on the NHS that resulted in the loss of 50,000 doctors and nurses, 17,000 hospital beds, and regional centres that co-ordinated everything.

Doctors haven't opted out of home visits, it's the government telling them they can if they want to.

How far does our healthcare have to descend to under the 'teflon tory' propaganda before people wake up and understand what's happening to the NHS?

You know, I've treated this virus with caution and respect, I am fully vaccinated and never stoped wearing a mask because it's not just about me. We've not personally lost anyone in our family directly to covid but have been living much more hermit like for 18 months, and I don't mind doing that overall. But when the BBC have a leading story of 'next pandemic could be worse', I get quite angry.

Could, would, should. Sheer speculation and fearmongering, Becky Morton the author should be ashamed. I won't link it here because it's unnecessary, as is the article itself.

I kind of see your point, but in fairness doctors and nurses have worked very hard over the last 20 months or so, and they are dedicated individuals that want to help people.

I find it quite depressing when people slag them off as being lazy, when the real ire should be directed at the 'reforms' this government imposed on the NHS that resulted in the loss of 50,000 doctors and nurses, 17,000 hospital beds, and regional centres that co-ordinated everything.

Doctors haven't opted out of home visits, it's the government telling them they can if they want to.

How far does our healthcare have to descend to under the 'teflon tory' propaganda before people wake up and understand what's happening to the NHS?
I know a good few hospital based health professionals that would totally disagree with your comments with reference to GPs.
Incidently the GP Union refused to accept visiting their patients to inject boosters as part of the UK Omnicron preparation drive.
This also includes the District nurses that GPS hold the budget purse strings for.
Optional was the best they would do.

Last edited:
Back from Turkey, 2 negative PCR tests done in last week and now a 3rd done with Randox as part of the day 2 test that’s needed.

Guess what? They want you to break your isolation and drive to one of their drop off points to hand it in, fucking jokers. £100 for 2 tests and they don’t even stick a return postage on it and encourage behaviour we are told we should not do as in going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.