Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rags or the never guilty had won like we did yesterday you wouldn't have hardly heard a peep. It would have been "That's what champions do" and "Ruthless Man Utd/Liverpool grind out the sort of result that wins you titles."
To be fair, MOTD did say that after we got the second, about that’s what champions do.

Salah goes down far more easily than that, remember his tumble when Dias touched his arm?
And the media never even use bland words like soft penalty let alone words like cheat.
One big Arsenal player went down like a log yesterday when one of our little players placed his palm on the big blokes shoulder. The way he was holding his shoulder you would have thought he had has a karate chop from a black belt.
Cheating to get an advantage is becoming acceptable in many walks of life nowadays.

I think the problem with VAR at the moment is that the people who are making the decisions are not the referees. If the ref was asked to review the Arsenal penalty would definitely have been given ( that's why the media are saying he should of been asked to go to the pitch side monitor). What should happen is if the referee is not sure of a decision it should be his decision to review. At the moment everybody knows as soon as the VAR people ask the referee the review the decision is going to be changed. VAR should only be an additional aid to give the referee a chance to have another look at something he think he may have missed and not someone in his ear reffing the game.
exactly . should be the ref who asks for review like in rugby and also ask what angles he wants not what they decide to show him and also have this on the screen and hear the comms . why should you pay a fortune for tickets and not have any idea what is going on

That’s fair comment, but I reserve the right to push back against the seemingly relentless Americanisation of our native spelling, especially on this board.
I think you'll find it was another thing the Romans did for us natives. Color is Latin, not American.

I played in my School Team (Hartshead) one of the last game’s of the 73/74 season, last minute against Blessed Phillip Howard in Glossop, 1-0 down I bladdered it over the bar from the six yard line, cost us the league, I’m reminded about it 47 years later, I piss on 44 years :-).
Damn. I've not thought about Blessed Phillip Howard for years. Went out with a few girls from there when I was 16-17. Absolute filth. God bless those rebelious Catholic ladies ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.