Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When arsenal were known as boring the crowd used to sing it at them. I would LOVE for the opposition to try sing that at Citys team as we run rings around their team with the skilled technical passing style we have. They know its bullshit, we know they know its bullshit.

For example, the seminal games of this decade have come from City. City v lfc. City v spurs in the CL. City beaten by utd, city beating utd.

City being boring is as empty a jibe as the emptyhad jibes.

The narrative is just getting it in early, as they want to again smear the legitimacy of another (hopefully) City title triumph.

It's reached fever pitch because they know the only way to prevent us dominating for another decade is to soil both our brand and the Premier League product, so the brain dead masses will be fully compliant when the old guard co-conspirators try to rig the rules and jury again.

The greatest payback we can deliver this season is to win Prem, FA Cup and Champions League, followed by Haaland signing and Pep extending this summer.

It will kill them all.

From 1972/73 to 1991/92 (20 seasons) which was the last season before the PL was formed, dippers won the title 11 times and finished second seven times. During this time they had two back to back wins and one three times on the trot. Nobody moaned.
From 1992/93 to 2010 /11 (19 seasons) the scum won the title 12 times, finished second four times and third three times. twice won back to back and twice won it three times on the trot. In the preceding 20 seasons they had finished second three times and third three times so hardly what you call successful during that time which would then lead to all the titles. I wonder how they achieved their success. Nobody moaned.
From 2011 / 12 until now (10 seasons not including this one) due to investment in the club we have won the league five times, finished second three times and third twice. Now every fucker is moaning.
Between the three red shirted teams they have accumulated 52 titles and 40 runners up places, no fucker moans.
Indeed. They’re not sick of seeing the same team win, they’re sick of seeing City win

had a (rag) friend say to me that he finds the PL boring these days, was suitably amused when I suggested that he actually means he’s bored of his team being a laughing stock

The narrative is just getting it in early, as they want to again smear the legitimacy of another (hopefully) City title triumph.

It's reached fever pitch because they know the only way to prevent us dominating for another decade is to soil both our brand and the Premier League product, so the brain dead masses will be fully compliant when the old guard co-conspirators try to rig the rules and jury again.

The greatest payback we can deliver this season is to win Prem, FA Cup and Champions League, followed by Haaland signing and Pep extending this summer.

It will kill them all.

Surprised they don’t ban foreign managers or they need to have Visa which has to go through the premier before approving! ;)

Am looking forward to what the New Premier FFP 3 will be like!

Well they’ve went through the courts for us to hand over all our documentations from cas so they can look at any weak points they can Bring into Premier FFP mark 3.

Indeed. They’re not sick of seeing the same team win, they’re sick of seeing City win

had a (rag) friend say to me that he finds the PL boring these days, was suitably amused when I suggested that he actually means he’s bored of his team being a laughing stock

I would just laugh at them and tell them don’t you have a mind of your own?! you are like a sheep you listen to the media you read it on social media and your spout it.

You could say predictability could become “boring” for none city fans but you can not say we play boring football.

I’ve just read Delaney’s piece from last week.

Fuck me he’s funny.

All the usual City bingo tropes and states “clubs are unhappy with the CAS verdict” stating that paved the way for the super league somehow???

He stops short himself of stating the ruling was incorrect because A) he knows it wasn’t but wants to insinuate it is and B) doesn’t want to get sued for lying.

He’s sulking that we’re too good and even tho he acknowledges United and Chelsea spend the same as us, apparently we also buy the top people for the whole club’s infrastructure.

Well boo hoo. I bet the **** wasn’t crying when Utd had the best manager in the league.

He also makes a point that Liverpool’s dominance in the 70s and 80s was ok as Villa and Forest won stuff… Liverpool and Chelsea have recently so what’s the issue? Oh yeah it’s coz City are doing it.

He’s one of many bitter cunts that is happy for a team in red to dominate but not a team in sky blue.

Whatever anyone thinks of Beglin‘s ‘Emptyhad’ comment (I had German commentary, so only heard it from a clip someone posted), it was completely unprofessional from a person who is supposed to be impartial. For that reason alone, I’d love to see him crucified for his action and never work on TV again. I wouldn’t get away with it in my job, so why should he?

If people find us boring, then what do they think of the opposition?

Chelsea, having beaten us 3 times last year, show up at the Etihad, and park the bus like nearly every other team we play home or away.

Time wasting from the first minute, 20 seconds from their goalkeeper getting the ball before he releases.

Want to talk about boring and soulless, watch the opposition in nearly every City game for the last 2-3 years.
Teams have a right to set up how they want, but while I have no issues with teams further down the league parking the bus, Chelsea's set-up baffled me. Sure, they could've still nicked a goal and a win but given they were starting the game 10 points behind us and they needed a win to stay in the title race, to see them play so defensively and their goalkeeper time-wasting in the first half had me wondering what the hell they were up to.

Sunday Express sports writer fired over Liverpool FC opinion piece vows to continue fighting 'gag on freedom of speech' - Press Gazette

https://pressgazette.co.uk/sunday-e...o-continue-fighting-gag-on-freedom-of-speech/
I attach below a post of mine from 3 years or so ago which may be of interest to you.

It quotes the respected sportswriter Brian Glanville's take on the subject from some 30 years ago and rather uncannily pre-dates the points made by the reporter from the 'Sunday Express' (I was replying at the time to another Blue who had raised a similar observation to yours):

"For your interest, herewith Brian Glanville's take on the matters of behaviours evidenced by Liverpool supporters and the media. This reflects the article you quote by Tony Evans (no relation!) and is taken from his book 'Champions of Europe; The History, Romance and Intrigue of the European Cup' (1991), some six and two years respectively after Heysel and Hillsborough:

'As a club, Liverpool, alas, were not remotely matched by their notorious supporters. Among these there was beyond doubt a core of decent, largely middle-aged, peaceful, pleasant fans, who would share the mature, sensible attitudes of the club itself. There were also, as fans from other clubs all over the country knew all too well, thousands of brutalised, violent toughs, whose excesses had been known for many years.

When the detested Manchester United went to Anfield shortly before Heysel the city had seemed awash with hatred. Coaches and trains of United’s supporters were stoned. Mechanics would run out of garages to scream abuse at the coaches as they went by. When United, just a few weeks later, came once more to Merseyside to play Liverpool, this time in the FA Cup semi-final at Goodison Park, Liverpool’s supporters were firing flares into the Manchester fans’ sections.

Quite where Liverpool’s following had gained its spurious reputation for good conduct with a blinkered press was obscure.

But then, journalists see little or nothing from the Press Box, nothing of what goes on, often sinister and violent, in the surrounding streets and alleys, at railway stations. Unless they are privy to good, first-hand information, journalists accept the public, distorted image; in this case, a misleadingly benign one.

Nor would it be enough to say that violence among Liverpool fans could be explained by unemployment, the crumbling and deliquescence of a doomed city.

The behaviour of Everton’s fans, in Rotterdam for the Cup Winners’ Cup Final two weeks before, had been exemplary.'

Last edited:
Teams have a right to set up how they want, but while I have no issues with teams further down the league parking the bus, Chelsea's set-up baffled me. Sure, they could've still nicked a goal and a win but given they were starting the game 10 points behind us and they needed a win to stay in the title race, to see them play so defensively and their goalkeeper time-wasting in the first half had me wondering what the hell they were up to.
I have no problem with any team parking the bus against us, if I was the opposition manager I'd do the same. I object to the fact that:
A. We get called boring because of how the opposition play.
B. Why refs don't react to time wasting until 85+ mins. When it starts from the first minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.