The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
How can it be based on League positions but have two Super Leagues with relegation and promotion?

It's all bullshit, of course, just to get fans onside. After two years, fans will be screwed over as they are everywhere else. I hope people have learned enough from politics to see right through this.
Not seen the detail, but the qualification would be via league position for all founder members rather than by invitation. For example, the teams who currently qualify for the Champs League in the top five leagues would be founder members of ESL A, and the teams who currently qualify for the Europa League in the top five leagues + the champions in selected other minor leagues would be founder members of ESL B. Promotion and relegation between A & B would be automatic, and the team that finishes bottom of B would be relegated with a play off to replace them.

If the German would have joined , Super League would have happend.

Remember even if English Clubs refused to join , they would have stayed in the Champions League. Since all top clubs would be gone from there , Champions League would be a glorified FA Cup and the top Teams would lose so much money while the other European Teams would have gained alot of Money.

The Result would mean that the Super League Club would have buyed off Premier League Players and the Quality of the League would have been decreased essentially becoming farmers for the Super League
Utter arsewater.

Not seen the detail, but the qualification would be via league position for all founder members rather than by invitation. For example, the teams who currently qualify for the Champs League in the top five leagues would be founder members of ESL A, and the teams who currently qualify for the Europa League in the top five leagues + the champions in selected other minor leagues would be founder members of ESL B. Promotion and relegation between A & B would be automatic, and the team that finishes bottom of B would be relegated with a play off to replace them.

The post said "OPEN and based on league position". It is hardly open if it is based on league positions once and then one team per year relegated from the ESL and replaced with, well who exactly?

Anyway, all this detail is just noise. The only important question is who gets to set the rules in the ESL. If it's the usual suspects then they could change everything in their own image in a couple of years when the ESL is entrenched. And I hope no-one is thinking they won't ....

If the German would have joined , Super League would have happend.

Remember even if English Clubs refused to join , they would have stayed in the Champions League. Since all top clubs would be gone from there , Champions League would be a glorified FA Cup and the top Teams would lose so much money while the other European Teams would have gained alot of Money.

The Result would mean that the Super League Club would have buyed off Premier League Players and the Quality of the League would have been decreased essentially becoming farmers for the Super League
The CL is a glorified FA Cup.

There is more Infos from Wiwo who officially got Papers and Documents sended.

- Super League will be open and based off League Positions
- there's Super League A and Super League B with Relegation
- The Football clubs will help finance the Fans with their Trips outside of Europe.
- 50% Of the Ticket Prices will be capped
- Final Games will be handed 70% to supporters and not like 30% in a CL Final
- ESL Clubs expect the EUGH to rule for them , they did similar to Basketball
Is that site owned by Camel Gob?

The post said "OPEN and based on league position". It is hardly open if it is based on league positions once and then one team per year relegated from the ESL and replaced with, well who exactly?

Anyway, all this detail is just noise. The only important question is who gets to set the rules in the ESL. If it's the usual suspects then they could change everything in their own image in a couple of years when the ESL is entrenched. And I hope no-one is thinking they won't ....
It is open because everyone would know at the start of the season that if they finish top 4 they would qualify for ESL A, 5th or 6th they would qualify for ESL B. So if Leicester or Everton or West Ham or whoever finish top 4 they're in, surely this is the fairest way to allocate an initial spot in the first ESL?
Once the league has been established you would have relegation and promotion so no dead rubber games, and also relegation from ESL B, with the opportunity for a team from the rest of the pyramid to replace them. This would be decided via a play off between the best placed teams in each of the participating leagues, with the play off final becoming one of the most important games in the domestic football calendar.
I get that people just hate the idea of a super league so any format will be trashed, but every step of advancement the sport has ever taken has been resisted by those who don't like change.

It is open because everyone would know at the start of the season that if they finish top 4 they would qualify for ESL A, 5th or 6th they would qualify for ESL B. So if Leicester or Everton or West Ham or whoever finish top 4 they're in, surely this is the fairest way to allocate an initial spot in the first ESL?
Once the league has been established you would have relegation and promotion so no dead rubber games, and also relegation from ESL B, with the opportunity for a team from the rest of the pyramid to replace them. This would be decided via a play off between the best placed teams in each of the participating leagues, with the play off final becoming one of the most important games in the domestic football calendar.
I get that people just hate the idea of a super league so any format will be trashed, but every step of advancement the sport has ever taken has been resisted by those who don't like change.

All sounds good but how many more games would there be?

All sounds good but how many more games would there be?
You decide how many games you can accomodate and structure the qualification criteria accordingly. Personally I'd scrap the Carabou Cup to open up space in the calendar. I'm just some random bloke on the internet trying to suggest possible formats, but I'm sure the professionals running the clubs can come up with something that would be practical (the managers/coaches/players should be involved in the concept this time - one more thing the clubs got wrong initially).

I suppose that depends whether you see an ESL as a step in the advancement of the sport, or just a power grab. Nothing against change, per se, but surely you have to be suspicious of anything proposed by these people?

I suppose that depends whether you see an ESL as a step in the advancement of the sport, or just a power grab. Nothing against change, per se, but surely you have to be suspicious of anything proposed by these people?
As always the devil will be in the detail. Who governs this league? What protections are there to prevent the goalposts being moved? What are the financial arrangements? How are the enormous funds this league would generate to be allocated? I could go on, but provided the answers to these questions are satisfactory and a chunk of the revenue is redistributed to the football pyramid I'd be strongly in favour because I feel the concept of a league containing Europe's best is exciting and inevitable. The Champs League, especially the qualifying stage has become stale and predictable.
As regards football fans being resistant to change, it was ever thus. Substitutions, 3 points for a win, the back pass rule, the Premier League, and now VAR, were all opposed by fans who wanted to maintain the status quo, but were introduced and quickly became a part of the football furniture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.