Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it happened to both sides they'd have a leg to stand on but it didn't. Madrid fans didn't travel in the tens of thousands without tickets, they lined up with real tickets and got let in and their end was full well before kick off. I'm sure the police were heavy handed but then the police were also probably worried that if they didn't disperse them quickly a crush could have happened.

It's the lack of self awareness that really rubs me the wrong way with the dippers. They are just incapable of taking a step back and saying yeah maybe it wasn't such a good idea for Barry and his mates to go to Paris with tickets printed on toilet paper they bought for a tenner off dodgy Trevor down the pub.

No it always has to be some big huge conspiracy against them and their angelic fans who wouldn't harm a fly.

If it happened to both sides they'd have a leg to stand on but it didn't. Madrid fans didn't travel in the tens of thousands without tickets, they lined up with real tickets and got let in and their end was full well before kick off. I'm sure the police were heavy handed but then the police were also probably worried that if they didn't disperse them quickly a crush could have happened.

It's the lack of self awareness that really rubs me the wrong way with the dippers. They are just incapable of taking a step back and saying yeah maybe it wasn't such a good idea for Barry and his mates to go to Paris with tickets printed on toilet paper they bought for a tenner off dodgy Trevor down the pub.

No it always has to be some big huge conspiracy against them and their angelic fans who wouldn't harm a fly.
That’s a tad unfair mate.
Didn’t you know they’re victims poor things!

Doubt we’d even be hearing half of this if they won

Yep - classic diversion tactics from Liverpool’s admittedly highly impressive and sophisticated PR operation - supported gladly and ever-obsequiously by the spineless, supine and subservient excuse for a sporting press we have in this country (although the two are so indistinguishable these days it seems pointless listing them separately).

If they’d have won, all you’d see wall to wall was the wondrous, spectacular goals and ‘Hendo’ lifting the trophy aloft in adulation as the nation rejoiced.

As it is, I’m not even sure I’ve seen Madrid’s goal yet - the winning goal in the final of the greatest sporting competition the world has to offer, remember.

The fact the ‘Quad Squad’ failed so spectacularly, having talked themselves up incessantly for months is now a diminishing side story to the main event - the poor Liverpool fans, and how terribly mistreated they all were.

The poor lambs!

It’s quite impressive, when you step back and view it for what it is.

Before long, we’ll be back to the prevailing narrative of Liverpool ‘sharing’ the last five League titles and the last ten Champions Leagues or whatever shit they come up with next.

Truly the greatest Club side of our time!

The fact the media are running scared from even mentioning their involvement is as much commercially driven as philosophically.
Nobody wants to be boycotted, even if the truth is a casualty.
Cowardly, craven and supine.
Not a word anywhere in the UK media about the appropriateness or lack of in celebrating on the day your club and fanbase literally murdered 39 innocents.
Everyone there yesterday was dancing and pissing on their graves.
As @tolmie's hairdoo said, he tried to engage some sports editors about it and they didn’t want to touch it
As I said, the brave and fearless protectors of truth are craven, cowardly, supine and terrified of a boycott. If that involves lies of omission then so be it

If I could be bothered, I'd go back through Holt's bleatings to see what he said when our fans were unjustly locked out of CSKA's stadium and weren't compensated.
I decided I could be bothered, so checked all his tweets for October 2014, when the game took place. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Season done now so time to get United back at the top:

Great line in the article:

"Although City won their fourth Premier League title in five years - beating Liverpool by a point - that was their only silverware of the season"

I'd be more than happy if that was our only silverware every season for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.