Rival Fans

Reading this thread I’m genuinely shocked how many people have close family, brothers, sisters etc who are rags.
Why?

A lot of families went to Maine Road one week and Old Trafford the next up to the late 60s. Different siblings preferred one or the other. My Grandad (who was actually a City fan) did this with my Dad and Uncle. My Dad always preferred City and my Uncle United.

A lot of families have a Mother who’s a City fan and a Father who’s a United fan, or vice versa, and the kids split their support. My Sister, a Blue, is married to a Rag, and their four kids are 2 Blues and 2 Rags.

Reading this thread I’m genuinely shocked how many people have close family, brothers, sisters etc who are rags.
to be fair, i'm always shocked how the team you support even comes into it. i mean, not to put to fine a point on it, a shag is a shag and before you know it you're married with kids, a cat a dog, and a mortgage

I've had congrats from Spuds, Everton & Leeds.

The Rags I know started on the afternoon of the final, but I wasn't allowing them into my head-space to distract me.

As soon as the final whistle blew, I leveled at their collective heads & gave em all both barrels! :-)

They came with the usual City Bingo:

We did it first

We earned our treble, you bought yours

Old Toilet's bigger than the Emptihad

Empty seats

ManUre's 99 team were better

Ferguson's better than Pep

Pep's a chequebook manager

Pep's leaving in 2025. After that you're fucked!

You'll be forgotten by September

99 squad was organic & mostly homegrown

The PL's easier to win now than in 99

You had an easy run in the Cups!

Lukaku's shit, that's why you won

You're FFP cheats & should've been kicked out of the PL & CL

Arsenal bottled it

De Gea made a keeping error

Manufactured club

A million & one FFP fines

Nobody cares about your shit stained treble, because you're FFP cheats

Pep the greatest manager ever? Ferdinand, Carragher, Hargreaves, Busquets, Messi & Owen know fuck all about football!

Citeh!

Fuckin HATE Curly Watts, Bernard Manning & Oasis!!

You know the deal! I suspect the Rags are seriously butt hurt! :-)
The rags at work who actually go to games have been grudgingly congratulatory, they obviously aren't going to go over the top. The worst one is a rag who has been 3 games in his whole life. He has managed to tick everyone of this bingo list.

The rags at work who actually go to games have been grudgingly congratulatory, they obviously aren't going to go over the top. The worst one is a rag who has been 3 games in his whole life. He has managed to tick everyone of this bingo list.
They're utterly unbelievable mate! Normally I don't rise to it, because there's ALWAYS another target they'll pose to try & place their achievements above ours.

I've also had:

3 European Cups/Champions Leagues

20 First Division/Premier League titles

We're the bigger club

No player would choose City over ManUre

I normally just smile & leave them to their childish playground insults knowing they're dying on the inside! :-)

That does seem to be the common denominator, generally real fans of all clubs are respectful to the achievements on the pitch and the armchair fucktards are bingo playing bitter wankers.

Last edited:
Not a peep. Which is quite the contrast from when my phone blew up when Sir Fishfinger and Ratboy scored in January. Wouldn't even waste my energy on Irish Rags and Dippers as the club shop and stadium tour doesn't count as support.

As soon as we scored my United supporting friends were on WhatsApp with the usual stuff
Our treble was better we spent less and had more homegrown players, 115 charges blah blah blah
Next day they were looking for anything to find about us to mock, posting that video of a neutral area with limited celebrations at full time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.