Rival Fans

Wore my City Shirt walking in the lakes on Sunday. Had four guys say congrats, no idea who they suported
But I have had 2 gooner mates, 2 Liverpool mates and a Chelsea fan say congrats as well.

Went to my local tonight and the Cov, Villa, and Liverpool fans all said well done. No rags there, one of the reasons why it's my local.

The old Scouser was also saying balls to the asterisk stuff. He usually takes the piss but he was sound tonight.

Reading this thread I’m genuinely shocked how many people have close family, brothers, sisters etc who are rags.
they basically had the drop on us for 25+ years. I know of loads of young blues who jumped ship to the reds after getting serious shit from gobby rags at school or brothers etc buoyed up by them winning everything and Sky blowing smoke up their arse 24/7.

I think what emerges from all this is what I've found most of the time (not all) — it is the people who go to football, who know football in their bones who tend to be respectful. That even sometimes includes United and Liverpool fans. It is plastics who's knowledge of football is purely through a screen (at best) who are really gobby, and just mindlessly peddle the line that they've been fed by those sections of the media that are hostile. They are certainly not football supporters, and in my book they're barely fans. I don't engage with them.

They're utterly unbelievable mate! Normally I don't rise to it, because there's ALWAYS another target they'll pose to try & place their achievements above ours.

I've also had:

3 European Cups/Champions Leagues

20 First Division/Premier League titles

We're the bigger club

No player would choose City over ManUre

I normally just smile & leave them to their childish playground insults knowing they're dying on the inside! :-)
Just tell him how gutted we were to miss out on Weghorst

I think what emerges from all this is what I've found most of the time (not all) — it is the people who go to football, who know football in their bones who tend to be respectful. That even sometimes includes United and Liverpool fans. It is plastics who's knowledge of football is purely through a screen (at best) who are really gobby, and just mindlessly peddle the line that they've been fed by those sections of the media that are hostile. They are certainly not football supporters, and in my book they're barely fans. I don't engage with them.
Yes, a lot of it comes from the bloated media, biased hacks and embittered ex-players with columns of bullshit to write and hours of airtime to fill with banter.

Reactions: jrb
I work with a lot of Birmingham, and know a fair few Southampton. All of them have been very pro-City.

Got lots of 'acquaintances' that support other teams, but only have one genuine mate that's a non City fan.
He's a Hammers fan and was totally over the moon for us.

Can't get over the difference in the attitude of rags fans to us in 1999. They seem shell shocked and don't know what to do or say. In 1999 we went off to the play off final singing songs questioning Giggs legitimacy, the moralls of Beckhams wife and the paternity of his children, and accusing Cantona of being a transvestite. Anyone who was in town the night of the Wigan play off would not have believed there was another team in town as we turned Manchester blue. The only evidence of the champion's league final was City fans waving Bayern Munich flags. We had only needed the slightest upturn in our fortunes to have us back loud and proud. The rags by any standard but theirs have had a great season, but at Wembley instead of staying to support their players allowed them to collect their medals with no applause, and jeers ringing round the stadium, and they say we've no class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.