Media Discussion - 2023/24

It is 7.30pm and, given that the 'Match Thread' is (unusually) a tad confusing regarding tonight's team, I went on to the BBC's footy page to get confirmation of who's in the starting XI for us at Young Boys.

Barca-Shaktar leads the page, followed by a preview of Celtic at Atleti. Then there's news of Rooney's first home game as Birmingham (oh joy!) and confirmation that some goomer named Gakpo will be fit for Liverpool's tie in the Thursday Night Selling Platers' Cup. Newcastle are there. And so on and so on..

On City? There is nothing. Zilch. Rien. Niente. Nada. At all. Not even the starting team hidden among the other reports.

I don't expect or want the media to blow smoke up our jaxies like they've always done with the Red Filths at either end of the East Lancs and the North London Red Filth.

But I do expect at least some coverage and information about our latest qualifying game in the biggest club football competition on the planet of which, by the way, we are the current champions and title holders, to be included in the general football page of our national broadcaster.

The lack of respect is appalling. And people still say (less regularly though, thankfully) that there is no agenda against City.
The same old Stockholm syndrome nobheads will be along to defend them in a minute

Shearer on 5 live just now:-
"They have done things the right way here at Newcastle. They have been very shrewd in the transfer market, unlike Manchester City."

WTAF!
Hmmmm. One club pulled out of signing a player with betting allegations and the other signed one then found out about betting allegations. That club will lose their 55m star signing for potentially 10 months, up to 3 years, depending on how much he co operates, if proven. I know which one I’d call shrewd, Alan.

He probably talking about the first few years of the take over when there was no ffp we did spend fortunes and one year we had losses of 197m but the club had a plan! Also we won a trophy after 3 years of the take over the league 4 years after the take overs and 14/15 years later the lot!

Now I do hope Newcastle win a trophy but will it be after 3 years of there take over?
Yes I think Shearer may be referring to our initial take over and signing such as Santa Cruz Adebayor etc (I could be totally wrong).

Shearer has always come across to me as being fair and complimentary about City so this could be a case of a quick sound bite where a point is not well made.

He probably talking about the first few years of the take over when there was no ffp we did spend fortunes and one year we had losses of 197m but the club had a plan! Also we won a trophy after 3 years of the take over the league 4 years after the take overs and 14/15 years later the lot!

Now I do hope Newcastle win a trophy but will it be after 3 years of there take over?
Based on comparison to us they have to win the fa cup this year, although we didn't quite make the CL in our first full season after the takeover, which they have done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.