Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
What we use to like, as southern based blues going to Maine Road and the Etihad was to be among mancs. For me it was a return home.

We would have chats with the fellow mancs around us, most were surprised that we left at 6am and would get back gone midnight.

I had a buzz about showing our support and our commitment in getting to a match. Now am aware and feel like a tourist, obviously we arent but its changed we dont get the chats with mancs ! We might be next to someone from halfway around the world or a school outing.

Football has changed, lots for the better some for the worst.

We travel hundreds of miles knowing if we will be sitting with 100% ardent blues or tourist. At some point soon I'll stop going because I miss being around ardent blues.

What we use to like, as southern based blues going to Maine Road and the Etihad was to be among mancs. For me it was a return home.

We would have chats with the fellow mancs around us, most were surprised that we left at 6am and would get back gone midnight.

I had a buzz about showing our support and our commitment in getting to a match. Now am aware and feel like a tourist, obviously we arent but its changed we dont get the chats with mancs ! We might be next to someone from halfway around the world or a school outing.

Football has changed, lots for the better some for the worst.

We travel hundreds of miles knowing if we will be sitting with 100% ardent blues or tourist. At some point soon I'll stop going because I miss being around ardent blues.
Need to get yourself up in SS3!

Even with an insane amount of tourist in ground we can still create great atmospheres like Madrid last season. For something more consistent I like what they do in Germany behind both goals all standing with people who want to create atmosphere and the sides stands for tourist and for people who just want to enjoy the watch. Leeds have both singing sections behind both goals and they arguably have the best home atmosphere in the country think with the stadium expansion we could do something similar

All clubs are the same nowadays, we get it in the neck because we are at the top and there to be shot at. Watching bits of the Spurs game, you can hear the players shouting to each other
Main difference is I bet the spurs manager won’t be calling out his own fans,

Ive stopped going to city and follow my local non league side home and away in the national league. So far this season we have had travel paid for by the players, money put behind bars at grounds paid by the chairman/manager, my son has been mascot numerous times and the players actually mix with the fans!

Contrast that to city and the fans who got treated like fucking cattle in Istanbul have been ignored, the ticket prices are obscene, var, the players largely ignore the young supporters (unless you have serious £££ to buy an experience) and now the manager once again is calling out the fans!

It’s not wonder the attendances in the lower leagues are rising, it’s proper football imo, it’s what football used to be like before it became all so Hollywood.

Hit home yesterday when on the way back from the game we attended at 12 I mentioned the city score and my 8 year old son said “I don’t really like city anymore”. That did hurt as I’ve supported City all my life and I brought him up to be a city fan but I can hardly blame him

ST-holders & regulars at the back of ES3 are getting fewer & farther between. Massive change start of this season. I’ve sat in better atmospheres at Carabao Cup games in the Family Stand. Yesterday was just plain weird. No school-groups, just 40-somethings from goodness-knows-where who might as well have been at a F1 Grand Prix.

If people’s commitment to going week-in, week-out is being tested at a time where we’re unbeaten at home in over a year, then the Club have got a bigger problem than they realise. They’ll alienate the base, and end up with support a mile wide, but half-an-inch thick. New Labour went that way: three election landslides, then out of office for 14 years…

Even with an insane amount of tourist in ground we can still create great atmospheres like Madrid last season. For something more consistent I like what they do in Germany behind both goals all standing with people who want to create atmosphere and the sides stands for tourist and for people who just want to enjoy the watch. Leeds have both singing sections behind both goals and they arguably have the best home atmosphere in the country think with the stadium expansion we could do something similar
We have half one end behind the goal full of away ans.
And the other goal a family stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.