Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Watching Spurs v Villa. You can hear a pin drop from the Spurs supporters. And that's with a large single tier behind one goal.

Even with an insane amount of tourist in ground we can still create great atmospheres like Madrid last season. For something more consistent I like what they do in Germany behind both goals all standing with people who want to create atmosphere and the sides stands for tourist and for people who just want to enjoy the watch. Leeds have both singing sections behind both goals and they arguably have the best home atmosphere in the country think with the stadium expansion we could do something similar
Problem is the tourists want a spot in amongst it, but won't raise their voices or put their cameras down.

Some may favour City setting one or two blocks for postcodes unknown, or outside of Manchester, but I wouldn't. It's too walls in amongst an occupied country of land.

Definitely needs some thought. How can anyone get tickets ahead of those who have followed for years on end? Regardless of their attendance week by week. Some fans CAN only make what work and family dictate.

Last edited:
Was that the fa cup quarter final 88?
That's the one. We were about five rows behind them. When the police led them out, City fans were punching them as they went past. One old bloke came down about 10 rows just to get a slap in. The coppers just laughed and told him to go back to his seat.

It's one of the reasons why I'm not particularly missing going to City games anymore, it's just deathly silence for 80 minutes of games. The only two games I've been to this season were the two champs league matches, which if anything generate better atmospheres due to crazy away fans. The young boys game was definitely up there

That's the one. We were about five rows behind them. When the police led them out, City fans were punching them as they went past. One old bloke came down about 10 rows just to get a slap in. The coppers just laughed and told him to go back to his seat.
I was in the Kippax that day, even the pissing down rain didn't stop the chaos inside and outside the ground

Fucking irony of Pep waving his arms in front of the CB.

I sat there for years Pep and alongside 100's of other former Kippax fella's, we never needed any bullshit cheer leading from the manager to encourage us to get behind our team.

Quite the contrary in fact. Your predecessors knew we were there, so did our subs, so did the opposition bench and manager. As did the snides in the media rows.

But you decided to sell them out to all other parts of the stadium so that you could implement your tunnel vision club.

You reap what you sow.
Yep - my old seat is now a Tunnel Club corporate seat. Pep can wave all day at them. Some of them sat in there won’t even know who he is. Absolutely laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.