Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It was, but the club gave up in the end.There are staff, young lads, in the toilets, but they don’t seem to enforce the no smoking rule. They just stand and talk to each other.

The club gave up or the people trying to enforce it did?

I imagine it's worse in some areas of the ground than others. SSL3 is terrible for it. Don't think it was as bad in Colin Bell last time I was in there.

Went to the game Sunday as a neutral fan as I’d say my favourite team is Stockport but I enjoy watching the Manchester based teams. The atmosphere was quite poor for a third round draw, the amount of support from the opposition I thought was excellent but they didn’t make much noise although far more than the home support.
Chatting too a few of their fans on way in , a nice bunch they were saying their club as been through a rough time recently and that the footy on show has been atrocious . City fans are giving the Huddersfield fans a hard time on here , yes there may have been some knobs amongst them but the ones I spoke to were spot on and I have a great appreciation of fans of clubs like Huddersfield , I feel they tend to be real football fans and many city older end supporters will appreciate this. The supporters who follow their club when times are hard not just because they are the latest club to be winning everything.
RAG

Went to the game Sunday as a neutral fan as I’d say my favourite team is Stockport but I enjoy watching the Manchester based teams. The atmosphere was quite poor for a third round draw, the amount of support from the opposition I thought was excellent but they didn’t make much noise although far more than the home support.
Chatting too a few of their fans on way in , a nice bunch they were saying their club as been through a rough time recently and that the footy on show has been atrocious . City fans are giving the Huddersfield fans a hard time on here , yes there may have been some knobs amongst them but the ones I spoke to were spot on and I have a great appreciation of fans of clubs like Huddersfield , I feel they tend to be real football fans and many city older end supporters will appreciate this. The supporters who follow their club when times are hard not just because they are the latest club to be winning everything.
I don't think any City fans were downing Huddersfield fans for supporting 'a bit of a shit' side. I have more respect for them than the countless fans who follow the red shirted media darlings but never go anywhere near their respective grounds but post a load of shite on the likes of facebook/Twitter (X) etc..
As you say, the older City fans can relate to being a bit shit at times in the past (and I was thinking when Huddersfield fans started singing that very original WWYWYWS song 'actually I was watching us score 10 against you when we were a bit shit'.)
As is often is the way when Premier League sides are at home to lower division sides the atmosphere isn't always that great.The same can be said when most top sides play a lot of struggling Premier League sides who put 11 men behind the ball. When you watch games on TV from Anield, The Swamp, The Emirates, Stamford Bridge often they are not very loud. Around me on Sunday there were a lot of families which did impact things, but in the long run is good as it is 'potentially the fans of the future.'
Personally I didn't see any real bother with Huddersfield fans on Sunday but I was expecting them to be a bit more vocal during the game considering the numbers they had there (though it must be said were certainly. quite load when booing City players when they got injured!)

I read a report a while ago into what motivated match going fans at the core.

It concluded that, in a word, it was jeopardy.

There has to a reasonable chance of defeat and the result has to be important.

Success like we have seen reduces the chances of a defeat a lot. In fact in 2023 we didn’t lose one match at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.