Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Went to the game Sunday as a neutral fan as I’d say my favourite team is Stockport but I enjoy watching the Manchester based teams. The atmosphere was quite poor for a third round draw, the amount of support from the opposition I thought was excellent but they didn’t make much noise although far more than the home support.
Chatting too a few of their fans on way in , a nice bunch they were saying their club as been through a rough time recently and that the footy on show has been atrocious . City fans are giving the Huddersfield fans a hard time on here , yes there may have been some knobs amongst them but the ones I spoke to were spot on and I have a great appreciation of fans of clubs like Huddersfield , I feel they tend to be real football fans and many city older end supporters will appreciate this. The supporters who follow their club when times are hard not just because they are the latest club to be winning everything.
We were playing Huddersfield Town at home in the FA Cup 3rd round. Were you expecting the Bombonera?

I can't imagine Edgeley Park is as lively as it was when your already relegated team scored two late goals to beat us 2-1 and the ground (well 2 sides of it because we had the other 2) erupted like you'd won the European Cup.

I foolishly gave up my Seasoncard in 2018 when I moved to London. I couldn’t face the weekend ruining journeys anymore (they began to wipe me out) so I thought I’d buy again when moving back to the North West.

No new Seasoncards has seen me fall out of the habit of going and I’m not organised enough to start buying individually. I’m also a little too proud to pay £61 for Burnley despite probably being able to find the money. I’ve also zero chance of away matches.

Think long and hard before you cancel.

Went to the game Sunday as a neutral fan as I’d say my favourite team is Stockport but I enjoy watching the Manchester based teams. The atmosphere was quite poor for a third round draw, the amount of support from the opposition I thought was excellent but they didn’t make much noise although far more than the home support.
Chatting too a few of their fans on way in , a nice bunch they were saying their club as been through a rough time recently and that the footy on show has been atrocious . City fans are giving the Huddersfield fans a hard time on here , yes there may have been some knobs amongst them but the ones I spoke to were spot on and I have a great appreciation of fans of clubs like Huddersfield , I feel they tend to be real football fans and many city older end supporters will appreciate this. The supporters who follow their club when times are hard not just because they are the latest club to be winning everything.

Don’t get too wrapped up in sentiment. Their attendance figures don’t really add up to the most loyal of fan bases. I know for a fact there were Huddersfield fans in the top tier who hadn’t been to a home game for years. They took the opportunity to see the best team in the world for less than a ticket at the John Smith’s stadium.

I think there’s 2 parts of an atmosphere (1) the singing, which we are ok at (2) the general crowd noise. It’s that second point we are let down at - half the crowd don’t even shout, so places like wolves and forest everyone shouts for a pen or a free kick, at the Etihad if we all shouted more we’d get more

I think there’s 2 parts of an atmosphere (1) the singing, which we are ok at (2) the general crowd noise. It’s that second point we are let down at - half the crowd don’t even shout, so places like wolves and forest everyone shouts for a pen or a free kick, at the Etihad if we all shouted more we’d get more
We could have the shoutiest shouters in shout land, with tannoys at full blast, with a brass band thrown in and we'd still get fuck all mate.

It’s not just us folks , I’m listening to l’pool and Fulham oh my word , if you could hear a flatter atmosphere you could get it through my letter box it’s that flat. Total myth , seriously.

If you’ve never watched a Roma match at the Stadio Olimpico on the TV, this is a video of the Roma fans singing the club anthem (our Blue Moon equivalent) without any music or speakers drowning it out. It starts a few minutes before kick off and carries on for a few minutes after the game has started. Fantastic.

If you’ve never watched a Roma match at the Stadio Olimpico on the TV, this is a video of the Roma fans singing the club anthem (our Blue Moon equivalent) without any music or speakers drowning it out. It starts a few minutes before kick off and carries on for a few minutes after the game has started. Fantastic.

I’ve long advocated we ditch the fast version of Blue Moon. It’s utter cheese fest, I don’t know anyone over the age of 7 who doesn’t hate it.

On a wider point, they need to leave us be, sack off the ear splitting PA system and let us at least try to build an atmosphere organically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.