The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

A ticketing blitz last night may have been perceived as bad PR for the powers that be. It's not a great look for the first game the new restrictions have been in place.
Wouldn't be surprised to see things tightened up for the Everton game. Then they could justify it more by saying people had a period of grace and have now had more time to make other arrangements. And a lot easier to get patrols in place during daytime on a Saturday than a midweek evening.

All the residents bays were full to the north of the ground in industrial areas, expected many to be chancing it with the 90 mins, plus cars on double yellow as the rain had covered them, and lots of 100% pavement parking.

There were anomalies where the restrictions just stop and you can park so got a lot closer than normal, but unlikely to happen in the future. The 90 mins bays does make it hard for wardens to cover a large area and do everyone , or they may have been light touch so far, but didn't see tickers. From the past though they are hit and miss, and a night match when it is pissing down probably is the best chance of getting away with it.
It’s a disgrace because there’s no need to have restricted parking there. No houses - it’s industrial. Why restrict the parking if it’s only on one side of the road.

Folkestone Road West (after Vale St) has no restrictions. 10-15 mins walk

Looks like Folkestone Road West is in the new scheme, its part of Zone 3, according to the council website the work to install the signs and road markings required for the Eastlands Resident Parking Scheme will take place between 2 January and 1 March across the 6 zones.

Hopefully the work to install the required works are running behind schedule and we get unrestricted parking within the new scheme until the end of the season.

So parked up at Ashton and got the metro absolutely packed but got to the ground in plenty of time, told my lad no parking near the ground. Came out after the game loads of cars parked on Ashton new road that’s where I normally park no double yellow lines wtf. Had to catch the metro the first one was packed and waited for another one. Looking out of the window no yellow lines anywhere, my question is who started this fucking rumour got home at 23-30 grrrr

Ahhhh it’s all been made up ?

So I got the bus (which took over an hour from my house and no bus shelter so got soaked then 216 to Ashton and walked home )

All for nothing ??

Why would City have any say in it & why would they agree to it ?
Not a say in it perhaps but the council (after a consultation) made the parking restrictions part of the planning application for the new arena. So basically if City wanted to get the Arena built they had to allow the parking scheme.

Why would City have any say in it & why would they agree to it ?

"The Owner covenants with the Council to undertake the design, consultation and implementation of the Expanded RPZ and shall be responsible for all reasonable and proper associated costs"

"The Council covenants with the Owner to, one month prior to the first anniversary of the First Arena Event and on each subsequent anniversary, provide reasonable written details and supporting evidence of the Expanded RPZ Operational Costs for the year ahead and also confirmation of the actual Expanded RPZ Operational Costs incurred during the preceding 12 month period Any excess amount due to the Council above the amount already paid by the Owner will be added to the Expanded RPZ Operational Costs for the year ahead and any overpayment due to the Owner will be deducted from the Expanded RPZ Operational Costs for the year ahead The Owner covenants with the Council to pay the reasonable and proper Expanded RPZ Operational Costs for the lifetime of the Development (with any excess or deductions based on actual costs to be applied as above) on a half yearly basis with the first payment on the first anniversary of the First Arena Event, and on each subsequent anniversary, in accordance with the reasonable written details and supporting evidence provided by the Council."

As CFG is a major shareholder they would have had a big say and are paying for it.

Also it was a done deal almost 4 years ago, and they consulted last year.

Ahhhh it’s all been made up ?

So I got the bus (which took over an hour from my house and no bus shelter so got soaked then 216 to Ashton and walked home )

All for nothing ??
It's definitely not made up lots of new signage and se my post above for links to historical news/consultations.

Not a say in it perhaps but the council (after a consultation) made the parking restrictions part of the planning application for the new arena. So basically if City wanted to get the Arena built they had to allow the parking scheme.

So where does any of this state that the club were supportive of the parking proposals? For all we know, they might have objected strongly but their views not aired by the council because it presented a negative stance to their plans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.