The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we have only ourselves to blame.

Right now we have no teeth in our attack.

Do we have the pace of Sane or Sterling? No
Do we feed Haaland on the break? No
Do we get anything to Haaland? No
Do we dribble past people like David Silva or Mahrez? No
Do our wingers put up 15+ goals seasons? No
Do we have Gundogan back post cleanup? No
Do we have KDB's pace where he can run past people? No
Do we have someone intelligent like Fernandinho? No

Teams know if they can somehow stop our counter, we'll just side to side it and it's like pulling teeth trying to score goals. We've got the nostalgia of 5 of 6 titles and a treble but honestly..

We saw problems last year integrating Haaland but somehow his 50 goal season papered over the cracks and we surprised ourselves with a treble.

What is becoming clearer is that we are in transitional season.. it may turn out to be a 21-22 type season where a 5:36 miracle wins us the league again..

But we desperately need players of 3 types:

1. Those that can get a key pass through to our striker
2. Those that can take the pressure off him by creating goals for themselves.
3. A backup DM that can play alongside Rodri (I think MacAllister was a bargain last year but anyways.. we need someone else)
Apart from that ok?

Chelsea have draws against City, Liverpool and Arsenal, and have beaten Spurs in the league. They beat Villa in the FA Cup, and should have beaten Liverpool in the Carabou final.

They're not an average side, they're a side with good players having a poor season. The problem is that they have enough good players to raise their game for a big occasion. Given the problems we've had with them so far this season, it's definitely not an easy game.

Agreed. Chelsea are actually a handful when they decide to turn up.

Their fans shouldn't be concerned about them being shite, they should be concerned about why they can actually play well but can't be arsed until they're against a decent side.

I agree

potentially can see worse case we drop 5 more point
but can also see both the other potentially dropping 8 each

need to start scoring more as expect it to be down to a point or goal difference

I honestly cannot see us winning the next 2 games

Villa play quite open so that will suit us, no chance we'll play as badly as we did at their place.

Palace away is the one, normally only win by the odd goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.