The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If its not us then leaning towards Dippers.

I can't stand the Dippers but Arse are just fucking embarrassing.

The shite i've seen online from them after shithousing their way to a Nil nil!

Yesterday they started to chant half way through the second half. Compare to any City away where it's singing from the start.

They chanted "is this a library" which is a song normally sang by lower league teams and they sang it when Haaland was down injured.

Who the fuck sings when the game is stopped and a player is being treated?

The most pathetic fan base of any top flight Club.

I can't be doing with Spuds really but I bet on Derby day they hammer Arse!

In the first 20 minutes at Copenhagen, we played with a swagger and purpose that was irresistible but which, alas, has been all too fleetingly seen this season. In the coming weeks, we’re going to have to field that starting eleven (-/+ Gvardiol) and strut our stuff if we’re to win the title.
As soon as that game started it was noticeable that it was us at our best but weve not been able to play that 11 all season. I’m still hoping that everything will click and that 11 will win trophies this year. I can’t see it being all three with the injuries and fixture pileup but any one of the big 2 would make a successful season and even just beating United in the Cup final would be a nice sticking plaster.

It's tough, but Liverpool has Everton, United and Villa away which are all brutal games for them. 2 draws there are possible. Arsenal has a really tough calendar so I am 100% they are not gonna win the title.

I think Liverpool will lose 4-6 points, so that means we have to win every single game if we want the PL. I honestly think is 70-30 favoring them.

UCL is another story. For every complain people have, we are really hard to beat. We haven't lost since early december, and I am almost certain we will beat Madrid without too much trouble.

Such a weird season this one. One wrong move and Villa can be 2 points behind us after Wednesday and Spurs winning that game in hand can take them over win away from overtaking us should they maintain a good run. All ifs and buts. They aren't likely to, but just shows any talk of us focusing on cups only is complete tosh. Pep needs them going full throttle now in every game.

I don't think we've played well enough. We saw the best in that opener part in Copenhagen, but that amazing line-up lasted 20 minutes. The new signings have been meh, Doku and Nunes the most mediocre. We need something of a re-build, pretty obviously.

Don't agree with all of that, but not the worst read.

Yep, bang at points. Especially this bit:

'And perhaps it would have been different had John Stones been fit to glide between the lines and add another dimension. His bit-part role this season is a reason why they have often lacked the chemistry they exhibited last spring. The absence of Kevin De Bruyne for the first half of the season was another. The departure of Ilkay Gundogan is a third: the former captain feels like the solution to every problem, whether as a metronome, creator, scorer, or big-game talisman. Yet the loss of Riyad Mahrez, who was directly involved in 28 goals last season, stripped them of another match-winner. Between them, Jack Grealish, Jeremy Doku, Matheus Nunes and Mateo Kovacic have either scored or assisted just 24 this year.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.