Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does, it's a material clause in his contract. I suggest you spend a bit of time learning about EU contract law before making any more fuckwit statements like this.

I thought if you meet the buyout clause,the player has to then be informed,then discussions with the player commence.
Is that not the case?....genuine question.

... but the decision is between us and Laporte if we meet the buyout clause, unless I'm missing something?

Something's missing alright

The release/buyout/transfer fee is not a simple process in Spain in general, and again, simply paying said fee does not constitute a sale - the clause is actually linked to the player themselves in contracts and Athletic hold their players accountable in this manner, sometimes also demanding the VAT on top of the fee. Javi Martinez' transfer to Bayern is a prime example and ask KHR what he thought of dealing with Bilbao - they had to pretty much sneak the player out of the city at night, a bizarre transfer in the end

The good is that Pep has dealt with Bilbao as has Txiki and Laporte's agents are all friends with the City principals but perhaps more reason why Athletic will refuse to be handled too. It'll be complicated if he is indeed the target again

Everybody wrote yaya of and he's back better than ever I trust vinny will as well.
Yaya didnt have an injury record like Vinny, just a motivation problem which seems to have been solved. Vinny's problems are completely out of his hand, he just cant stay healthy.

I thought if you meet the buyout clause,the player has to then be informed,then discussions with the player commence.
Is that not the case?....genuine question.
And if personal terms are agreed then the selling club can't stop the sale. So in terms of the sale itself it's guaranteed.

And if personal terms are agreed then the selling club can't stop the sale. So in terms of the sale itself it's guaranteed.
Thats correct, but if I understand it right, it's cheaper if we can agree with the club to buy him, rather thar trigger the buyout which the player pays. If that happens doesnt the player have to pay tax which we we would need to pay on top ?

Something's missing alright

The release/buyout/transfer fee is not a simple process in Spain in general, and again, simply paying said fee does not constitute a sale - the clause is actually linked to the player themselves in contracts and Athletic hold their players accountable in this manner, sometimes also demanding the VAT on top of the fee. Javi Martinez' transfer to Bayern is a prime example and ask KHR what he thought of dealing with Bilbao - they had to pretty much sneak the player out of the city at night, a bizarre transfer in the end

The good is that Pep has dealt with Bilbao as has Txiki and Laporte's agents are all friends with the City principals but perhaps more reason why Athletic will refuse to be handled too. It'll be complicated if he is indeed the target again

Thanks for the response. Interesting stuff so it looks like I've got some reading to do.

Thats correct, but if I understand it right, it's cheaper if we can agree with the club to buy him, rather thar trigger the buyout which the player pays. If that happens doesnt the player have to pay tax which we we would need to pay on top ?
Bilbao don't negotiate.

Bilbao don't negotiate.
Not on price, I know, but they may negotiate on whether we buy direct from them or whether they make the player buy himself out. To them it makes no difference on the fee they receive.
But to the buying club it means either pay the fee to Bilbao or pay the fee plus the tax the player will have to pay , as if we pay the player to buy himself out he pays tax as it's income. So staying on the right side of Bilboa is beneficial.
For example if we wanted to force the release in January Bilboa would force us to pay the player to buy himself out and it would cost us £51 m plus tax. If we negotiate and agree to wait until summer they might just agree to sell him direct fot £51 m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.