PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's important to remember that even though Everton have been punished twice in the same season the punishment is for breaches in two different seasons. As it's also a three year rolling calculation the previous breaches will impact - you can't reset the breach clock as otherwise Everton could have bought Messi, Neymar, Rashford etc been in a massive breach - the breach figure could be reset and another 3 years start fresh but then they get a three year advantage of having Rashford scoring 7 league goals until they hit their three year limit and are in breach again.

The problem Everton had is delaying the outcome of the first breach charge. If it had been dealt with in the following season then Everton would have known how much they'd need to raise in order to not breach again.

It's interesting to me at least that when we claim the FFP rules were unfair we are told "you signed up to them so that is on you" yet Everton etc are being met mainly with sympathy and outrage against the EPL.

It's also really unbelievably important to repeatedly stress that City have not been charged with breaching the same rules as Everton or Nottingham Forest. It's also possible (or at least it should be) for the EPL to conduct more than one investigation. Assume though that it can't and it has to deal with one thing at a time AND City's charges have to be dealt with before Everton's breaches. Can you imagine the meltdown in 5 years time when the league takes 6 points off Everton for breaches 7 seasons previous?

The biggest problem of all that I think is evidenced by the absolute ill informed opinions being spouted around the place is that most people are incredibly short sighted and the rules are being changed reactively to counter teams like City and Newcastle and the perceived way they will receive funds. Everyone seems to know this so Everton and Chelsea etc probably assume they would never be found in breach - this is probably also why the clubs didn't have punishments already in place (why would they as the rules would only catch City and Newcastle). It's also why City are still being accused of breaching rules that we haven't even been charged with (IE PSR).

The whole thing is so obviously stupid but people are so committed to their own bias that the only way they can express themselves is by shouting louder and louder "what about City?" like it is any way relevant

It's important to remember that even though Everton have been punished twice in the same season the punishment is for breaches in two different seasons. As it's also a three year rolling calculation the previous breaches will impact - you can't reset the breach clock as otherwise Everton could have bought Messi, Neymar, Rashford etc been in a massive breach - the breach figure could be reset and another 3 years start fresh but then they get a three year advantage of having Rashford scoring 7 league goals until they hit their three year limit and are in breach again.

The problem Everton had is delaying the outcome of the first breach charge. If it had been dealt with in the following season then Everton would have known how much they'd need to raise in order to not breach again.

It's interesting to me at least that when we claim the FFP rules were unfair we are told "you signed up to them so that is on you" yet Everton etc are being met mainly with sympathy and outrage against the EPL.

It's also really unbelievably important to repeatedly stress that City have not been charged with breaching the same rules as Everton or Nottingham Forest. It's also possible (or at least it should be) for the EPL to conduct more than one investigation. Assume though that it can't and it has to deal with one thing at a time AND City's charges have to be dealt with before Everton's breaches. Can you imagine the meltdown in 5 years time when the league takes 6 points off Everton for breaches 7 seasons previous?

The biggest problem of all that I think is evidenced by the absolute ill informed opinions being spouted around the place is that most people are incredibly short sighted and the rules are being changed reactively to counter teams like City and Newcastle and the perceived way they will receive funds. Everyone seems to know this so Everton and Chelsea etc probably assume they would never be found in breach - this is probably also why the clubs didn't have punishments already in place (why would they as the rules would only catch City and Newcastle). It's also why City are still being accused of breaching rules that we haven't even been charged with (IE PSR).

The whole thing is so obviously stupid but people are so committed to their own bias that the only way they can express themselves is by shouting louder and louder "what about City?" like it is any way relevant
City have been accused by the PL of breaching P&S regulations for seasons 2015/16, 2016/17, and 2017/18. 25 rule breaches across those three seasons.

City have been accused by the PL of breaching P&S regulations for seasons 2015/16, 2016/17, and 2017/18. 25 rule breaches across those three seasons.
But thats the madness how do you accuse someone of breaching figures, figures are finite, they are black and white, they either did or they did not and its easy to prove one way or the other

I doubt the PL wanted to start down this road after our appeal was successful at CAS in 2020. However, it's quite evident that it's the Red Top Mafia & Spuds who were pushing for the PL to come after us, regardless of how spurious our alleged breaches were.

Ultimately the PL obeyed their masters & opened the investigation, which I bet they were hoping they could draw out long enough so it would quietly fizzle out with everyone forgetting about it, until the government announced the setting up of IREF in February 2023.

This put the cat amongst the pigeons, & forced the PL into hastily cobbling together the 115 breaches to come at us with. They rushed it that much that they didn't even get the breach sections correct, as one of the allegations was our grass being too long!

They made the corrections, but now they're faced with making the breaches stick, when it seems pretty obvious to all neutrals in the know, that they're struggling to make a coherent case out of it.

As UEFA found out, supposition & opinion may count when you're running a private members clubs, where you create the rules & are judge, jury & executioner, but when legal standards are applied, it's the law of the land which takes prominence over their silly, biased rules, hence why they're shitting it about losing face like UEFA did.

It beggars belief they've even had the cheek to come at us with the same crap that UEFA had thrown out at CAS, but yet here we are...
This is so clearly the case - that some argue in a pedantic manner to try and justify the PL's actions is quite astonishing - I guess some just like to argue for the sake of arguing

When we get found guilty of non-cooperation and only that, the media and fans of other clubs are just going to continue the lie saying we were found guilty. My neighbour who's a Blackburn fan asks me most weeks if I'm worried about it and I get the whole "but Uefa found you guilty didn't they". It doesn't seem to matter how many times I explain the CAS ruling and what it meant he chooses to ignore it because the media says differently. He will not be in the minority.
I had this in the pub a while ago - a scum fan and 2 dippers were banging on about 'what about City' - I would normally just ignore it - but this time waded in.

I doubt explaining the reality will have had any lasting benefit - but it made me feel better

Thought I'd read it on here but it was on the café site during an Ipswich fan and a few others putting up a decent fight in our favour against the know fuck all's.
Anyway he said in response to the backhanders and brown envelope that often gets thrown in that City have bought/sold 56 players and each of the top sides have been involved over the period in question so he asked are we going to believe that these club's are complicit in agreeing to work off the books with city.
I was going to write the deeper you look the more ridiculous these charges look ( they are) but the biggest take out for me is how stupid keyboard fans are blindly hoping that city are guilty as we saw yesterday when Everton were docked points.
Shame on the so called press who prostitute themselves for clicks rather than working with evidence but we all have to keep our jobs I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.