Sainsbury's - Employee sacked for not paying for bags

I remember working at Sainsbury's on Regent Road a long time ago. Horrible place to work. It was night shift work, no camaraderie among teh staff (you would expect something among night shift staff!) and we would get frisked at the end of the shrift to ensue we haven't stolen anything. Oh, I had to work on the pop aisles. Spending six hours re-stocking large bottles and packs of cans was not fun.
Asda Longisght. Night shift. Was always checked in the mornings (thoroughly). Easy enough to bring in a litre bottle.of water. Pour away. Take a litre bottle of Vodka off the shop floor, transfer to water bottle. Throw empty Vodka bottle in the compactor in the warehouse. Place 'water' on.shelf. Finish work, come in shop and buy a bottle of stashed water. Simples.

Sainsbury’s campaigned for years for the introduction of Sunday opening with the promise that all current staff would keep their old terms and conditions and not be forced into working Sundays. And those that chose to would be paid at the existing extra rate.

As soon as they thought a suitable time had elapsed they gave all staff the choice between signing a new contract in line with new starters, or fucking off.

Anyone surprised they seem to be a company acting without too many morals towards their staff, hasn’t been paying much attention.

Asda Longisght. Night shift. Was always checked in the mornings (thoroughly). Easy enough to bring in a litre bottle.of water. Pour away. Take a litre bottle of Vodka off the shop floor, transfer to water bottle. Throw empty Vodka bottle in the compactor in the warehouse. Place 'water' on.shelf. Finish work, come in shop and buy a bottle of stashed water. Simples.

:) Wish I had your craftiness

My dad worked at Fairly Aviation in Burnage in the early 60's.
He stole a bench vice they aren't light lol. He tied it around his neck, rested it on the crossbar and put it under his cycling cape. He than cycled to our home in Merlin Avenue Didsbury
He had that vice to the day he died, it was well used over the 60 years He had it !!.
I sold one of those for £90 last year and I can concur....they are fucking heavy. 10/10 for effort.

Batteries from Do It All. I’d put my Walkman in my pocket without batteries in it, walk on to the shop floor, steal two batteries, put them in the Walkman and later on put my Walkman in my locker.

We were often searched but they’d never think my Walkman had stolen batteries in it. They were considered high theft items so a quantity missing wasn’t unusual.

We were paid awful wages and treated like garbage so it felt right. I now know it was still wrong.

Batteries from Do It All. I’d put my Walkman in my pocket without batteries in it, walk on to the shop floor, steal two batteries, put them in the Walkman and later on put my Walkman in my locker.

We were often searched but they’d never think my Walkman had stolen batteries in it. They were considered high theft items so a quantity missing wasn’t unusual.

We were paid awful wages and treated like garbage so it felt right. I now know it was still wrong.
We used to sing to the advert all day;)

Worked with a guy who manipulated a fantasy football weekly we did. Nothing to do with work funds, just his colleagues.

Ended up getting caught, sacked and losing his pension - all for about £20.

Daft ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.