10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is showing expected threat, or xT, which I had not heard of until now. I don’t subscribe to The Athletic, so haven’t been able to read more than a few sentences of this but if anyone does, this article might explain what we are looking at. Or it might not, I don’t know.

I don't subscribe either but this video explains it:

This is showing expected threat, or xT, which I had not heard of until now. I don’t subscribe to The Athletic, so haven’t been able to read more than a few sentences of this but if anyone does, this article might explain what we are looking at. Or it might not, I don’t know.

Give it five years, and the stat ‘expected steps’ per game will be out.

At the end of the day you can manipulate any statistic you want to align with your own personal opinion. For me it’s simple - he hasn’t produced enough yet and I would bet he is probably reasonably disappointed at his own output so far.

Seems these days there is a new metric to measure performance every week. Personally prefer to judge at games with my own eyes and grealish needs to influence games more to get his starting place back.

At the end of the day you can manipulate any statistic you want to align with your own personal opinion. For me it’s simple - he hasn’t produced enough yet and I would bet he is probably reasonably disappointed at his own output so far.

Seems these days there is a new metric to measure performance every week. Personally prefer to judge at games with my own eyes and grealish needs to influence games more to get his starting place back.
That insinuates he's been dropped for being poor when that's not the case whatsoever.
He didn't lose his starting place, he's been rotated like many of the starting 11 do at various times.
Hes neither under performed or over performed so far. He's playing exactly like I'd expect a new signing finding his feet at a new club would.
My expectations of him aren't linked to his price tag though which seems to be the case with the majority of his critics.

Ive watched Grealish every game either live or onthe box , and he is producing what i would expect from a new player after a dozen games , his runs create space for others , is it a concidence that Cancelo playing on the left is so far our player of the season ? Its because Grealish attracts 2/3 players every time he gets the ball
Because we paid £100m for him i am not expecting him to be Messi/Merlin/Haaland all rolled into one, couldnt give a shite about the fee or the wages and i wont be judging him after a few games , if we all did that Merlin , Cancelo ,Mahrez and a few others would have been sent packing after six months.

I want to pitch a rival daytime TV show entitled "Tight Blokes" where a bunch of guys just sit around telling each other they need to lose weight.
The loose women give over the show to the loose men quite often , four panalists who talk all things men

Anyway now our boy has been also dating the girl from love island as well, busy boy

The loose women give over the show to the loose men quite often , four panalists who talk all things men

Those motherfuckers have stolen my idea.

Anyway now our boy has been also dating the girl from love island as well, busy boy

I've got to say I'm not particularly arsed, even if it's true. I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever looked to Jack Grealish as an ideal role model so it's not like my illusion has been shattered.

All I'd say is that I'd hope that any experienced player's antics off the pitch don't rub off on the younger, more impressionable ones in the squad.

But for every Yaya or Nasri we've had through the door, we've had more than enough dedicated professionals to outweigh them and it's the same now.

So, like I said, I'm not concerned.

Those motherfuckers have stolen my idea.

I've got to say I'm not particularly arsed, even if it's true. I don't think anyone in their right mind has ever looked to Jack Grealish as an ideal role model so it's not like my illusion has been shattered.

All I'd say is that I'd hope that any experienced player's antics off the pitch don't rub off on the younger, more impressionable ones in the squad.

But for every Yaya or Nasri we've had through the door, we've had more than enough dedicated professionals to outweigh them and it's the same now.

So, like I said, I'm not concerned.
Front pages again is my gripe , be professional and behave well , i had the same reaction to phil and ky and their nonsense so this is not be disliking jack in particular , plus it takes focus to keep three girls on the go , focus he needs to be putting to his new club and pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.