11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

He was key? Without Haaland’s record goal scoring and KDB’s magic we’d be no where there. If we had this season’s version of Haaland last year, there would probably be no treble to attach him to.
And if we has last seasons version of Haaland this year, we'd be well in front

I’m surprised at all the criticism tonight
Thought on a night when the rest of the team weren’t on it, he never stopped showing and taking the fight to them

Yes his final ball wasn’t good, as is usually the case, but overall he’s had worse games for us IMO

I said earlier that the injury to Jack was more costly than we probably realised.

Doku is just a kid learning the game.
We have this convenient way of assuming that once Doku has a bad game, Grealish would have just saved the day if he was playing. I’d be lying if I told you that Grealish has had a better season than Doku.

I even recall the match at Stamford bridge when this assumption was full blown. I have seen matches were Grealish or Bernardo or Kovacic or Stones came in, in the thick of the game and gave control back to us when we were on the cosh but at the bridge, Grealish in and Doku out was just a chaotic as it earlier was.

We have this convenient way of assuming that once Doku has a bad game, Grealish would have just saved the day if he was playing. I’d be lying if I told you that Grealish has had a better season than Doku.

I even recall the match at Stamford bridge when this assumption was full blown. I have seen matches were Grealish or Bernardo or Kovacic or Stones came in, in the thick of the game and gave control back to us when we were on the cosh but at the bridge, Grealish in and Doku out was just a chaotic as it earlier was.

Jack Grealish doesn't give the ball away, and he doesn't go to sleep when it comes to defensive duties. Doku is an exciting prospect but he has got a lot to learn.

Whatever happened last year has gone with last year. Now tell me what has bus contribution been this year? Surely he has had enough chance to cement his place this season but that hasn’t worked as planned and that’s none of Doku’s fault.
Thank you Confucius. The year has indeed passed.

Not saying it is Dokus fault - injury, selection, trying something new. So no - I don't think Grealish has had enough chance this season, for numerous reasons.

Last edited:
Jack Grealish doesn't give the ball away, and he doesn't go to sleep when it comes to defensive duties. Doku is an exciting prospect but he has got a lot to learn.
I do not doubt these things but how has he fared this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.