24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
I can see his mistakes but I can see his quality also. I guess that comes with being 21 in your 1st season in one of the most demanding leagues in the world and under one if not thee most technically demanding manager in the world.

I'm not sure why he's being questioned, but that's the nature of this forum. He's clearly a brilliant player with a great technique and vision for a pass from the back and you have to reiterate his age. We signed Stones when he was 22 with a lot of promise but also some question marks over his physicality and the occasional error. It took a fair while for him to iron out those issues and become the exceptional player he was always tipped to become. He's 29 now. Gvardiol is certainly a better player at 21 than Stones was at that age in my opinion, so I'm comfortable.

I'm not sure why he's being questioned, but that's the nature of this forum. He's clearly a brilliant player with a great technique and vision for a pass from the back and you have to reiterate his age. We signed Stones when he was 22 with a lot of promise but also some question marks over his physicality and the occasional error. It took a fair while for him to iron out those issues and become the exceptional player he was always tipped to become. He's 29 now. Gvardiol is certainly a better player at 21 than Stones was at that age in my opinion, so I'm comfortable.

Some folk are weird I have a friend, a match going fan both home and away for decades.

To listen to him Gundogan, KDB were too timid, in fact nobody other than Bernardo was beyond reproach.

There are some strange people out there.
Sorry Bob if you are reading this but you are 8-)

Last edited:
A gripe for the three Gvardiol fans on this page. Listened to a City podcast this morning (why?, most of the time these leave me irritated). According to the hosts, Gvardiol apparently “still doesn’t get it” and “needs coaching.” They referenced Pep giving him instruction during and after the Newcastle game. He’s one of the youngest people on the team - why is the fact he needs coaching a negative?!? Meanwhile when Bobb, who’s only 18 mos younger, gets coaching it’s because “Pep realizes how important he is.” (And Bobb probably needs less coaching because he’s far more familiar with the system being an academy kid). The same thing happens to Doku. When he was playing well, it was all “look how young he is.” But after not playing as well, suddenly no mention that he might need some time to mature/grow into the team.
which podcast was it?

there’s a huge gvardiol and grealish are flops agenda on social media at the moment, mostly man united, chelsea and arsenal fans but many city fans agree with them.

transfer window is still open, plenty of time for a last minute txiki masterclass in you’re a flop, off you pop!

which podcast was it?

there’s a huge gvardiol and grealish are flops agenda on social media at the moment, mostly man united, chelsea and arsenal fans but many city fans agree with them.

transfer window is still open, plenty of time for a last minute txiki masterclass in you’re a flop, off you pop!
Laughable propaganda. Coming from United, Chelsea, and Arsenal as well, haha. Last time I checked, all of them were behind us, so whatever they got is worse. Much worse than Josko, that's for sure.

I think any “expensive” player who isn’t an out and out goal scorer always has an uphill climb with fans. That’s why he’s now lumped in with Grealish. At least thats what I’ve noticed during my six months slumming about in City forums.

I see so many City fans bemoaning he’s our most expensive defender (like he doesn’t deserve to be), but that’s really a result of the market…and his age. If we put all our defenders up for sale today for a year (so essentially adjusting for age), he’d probably be the cheapest.

And yes, I don’t really get the other teams pushing the flop narrative (mostly Chelsea it seems?). He would still be a regular starter most places. And the whole “no one is talking about what a flop he is”…they should come over to our match day forums!

Last edited:
Personally think he oozes quality. He’s genuinely two footed and plays some really interesting and imaginative balls.
His main fault, for me. It’s common with a couple of our players on occasion. He can be too complacent. His talent is huge and I think sometimes he’s guilty of underestimating the league/opposition.

Next year, think we’ll see a real beast

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.