24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just need those competitive juices going to perform at their best. He's fit so not too worried about him being the star man on the training pitch. I've been hugely impressed with him so far in matches where it matters. Hard as nails, always passes forwards, wins all his duels, quick strong and good in the air, dribbles like a winger. We've signed an absolute diamond who's going to be a fixture in the World team of the year for a decade.

No doubt he can play that Stones role, but he will probably be doing it from the left side of defence whereas John does it from the right. Probably requires a lot of work and time with the squad on the training pitch that is probably best spent in other areas seeing as John is back in a few weeks!

I thought he was good in the 2nd half and average in the 1st. Sure, he was partially to blame for the 2nd goal, but so was Walker with a sloppy pass to Dias, Dias with the lack of control, and Walker letting Sterling ahead of him. I don't know what some people are watching. He had the highest passing % from our starters at 94.4, a few very good tackles, and important blocked shots. Offensively, I liked his forward runs and dribbles. He offers us so much more than Walker on the other side. He is 21 years old. Brilliant since he joined, he is not the problem.

I don’t really get the hype around this lad if I’m honest. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good defender, but this talk of him being the best young defender in the world I just don’t see.

Certainly not an upgrade on Laporte as things stand.
You do realize he is playing out of position.. put Laporte in lb and he would do just as bad or possibly worse. He had a bad game yes but again it’s not his natural postion so o can’t fault him completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.