#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t play with Fern at the back next week, it’s just asking for trouble.

Cancelo Mbete Laporte Ake

That defence at least gives me some sort of confidence.
Would rather Egan-Riley, a lot more composed than Mbete. Mbete is the unit though. I just trust the former with the ball at his feet a lot more.

A week is a good amount of recovery time, he played some minutes against Wolves and he didn’t look unfit .
Managed 30 minutes but that begs the question why he didn’t feature at all today. Fernandinho looked as if he was struggling from the off, and Zinchenko can be preyed upon by teams with a height advantage. Hope you’re right and that he’s available next week.

Blimey, that was a hard watch. I admire him for putting his body on the line time and time again, but the club should be asking questions about how it has come to this.
Yet many posters thought we had no need to have 4 CB's earlier in the season, so what questions should the club be asking ? Why didn't we spend £100 million on 2 more experienced CB, just in case the 4 we have all are unfit at once ? Not a practical question.

Exactly, also they’ve got young centre backs on the bench for who it is their natural position. I understand they’re inexperienced but if you don’t trust the don’t put them on the bench
They actually get experience being on the bench, not as much as playing obviously but we fill the bench to cover as many eventualities as possible even if only 3 get on. We have had senior players on the bench recently who have been nowhere near match fit, but we don't have to boost our opponents by sticking them in the V.I.P lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.