26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On fire at the moment and let's hope he can maintain this form until the end of the season. His work ethic is currently very good and he was very unselfish in the lead upto the 3rd goal yesterday when passing to Erling rather than attempting a shot himself

Another aging player whom we'll soon need to replace. Love Mahrez - but age catches everyone. At most one or maybe two years of top form left.

this has happened before (actually a bit early this season)
I remember back in Feb 2021 against Everton mahrez was back in form after a disappointing start to the season.
from there he was on fire all the way until the final of UCL.

Hated by many on this forum - I've always liked him. And he's been essential to us winning many of our recent matches.

It works thus - we attack on the left and then switch the ball to Mahrez - and because of our left-side overload, he's one-on-one. And Mahrez consistently torches left-side fullbacks one-on-one and delivers killer crosses and/or shots on goal.
I’ve don’t think I’ve met a City fan who’s ever hated a City player.

Danny Mills is probably the only City player who was ever really hated by many City fans after he left and he started mouthing off about us after years of sitting in the stands taking our third highest wage for doing fuck all.

Maybe Ben Thatcher after that disgraceful elbow n’all.

Third straight year Mahrez finds his groove in the second half of the season. That's to the disappointment of some, just in time to save City once again. I expect him to do well in the CL as usual. In this form and with Haaland, I would be extremely disappointed if we don't at least reach the CL final.

Reactions: Jag

Danny Mills is probably the only City player who was ever really hated by many City fans after he left and he started mouthing off about us after years of sitting in the stands taking our third highest wage for doing fuck all.

McManaman, Edghill, Hopkins, Clarke, Creaney, etc, there has been dozens, we do like a hate figure ;)

McManaman, Edghill, Hopkins, Clarke, Creaney, etc, there has been dozens, we do like a hate figure ;)
Kolarov too - among talented players that were mostly disliked.

But we've had abject players too - almost universally hated - Bony, Jo, Mendy - for example - spring to mind.

Last edited:
Third straight year Mahrez finds his groove in the second half of the season. That's to the disappointment of some, just in time to save City once again. I expect him to do well in the CL as usual. In this form and with Haaland, I would be extremely disappointed if we don't at least reach the CL final.

Reaching CL final is doubtfull with our defensive form this season.

The word “hater” on this forum is the refuge of scoundrels.

Totally and wilfully misused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.