27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth? No we don't. Gundogan, Zinchenko, Sané, Jesus, Bernardo, Rodri, Cancelo, Alvarez, Akanji, Gvardiol, Doku, Nunes... Sometimes we do buy players for what they already are as opposed to what they'll become. Players like Walker, Haaland, Dias, Kovacic etc. But the majority of the time we sign players who aren't fully moulded yet so that Pep can take the reigns of their development and increase their potential.
I wouldn't bother engaging with this pillock mate. He simply won't accept what the rest of us already know.

Time and time again such quick judgements on players are shown to be flawed. What are you saying about Pep if you deliver your final judgement after so little time working with him?

Time and time again such quick judgements on players are shown to be flawed. What are you saying about Pep if you deliver your final judgement after so little time working with him?
It's extraordinary. You'd think people had never watched us under Pep. It's amazing how many people are judging Nunes prematurely. He needs far more time.

So is everyone else in the squad from last season including Philips.
Right, but there's a chasm between the contributions of Grealish and Phillips last season and if you can't see that then I'm just gonna assume you're just being deliberately obtuse. Phillips was barely involved last season whereas Grealish was a regular starter and played every big game between January and June. He was crucial to our shape and build-up and made key interventions in season-changing matches.

Although, for what it's worth, clearly Phillips contributed a lot last season in the dressing room - he's very obviously mates with all the England lads and he was the first person Bernardo ran to after scoring against Bayern. Keeping morale high among the squad doesn't mean much to us supporters but, on a day to day basis, if he kept that squad just 1% happier, and happy enough to win a treble, then he goes with my good graces.

Right, but there's a chasm between the contributions of Grealish and Phillips last season and if you can't see that then I'm just gonna assume you're just being deliberately obtuse. Phillips was barely involved last season whereas Grealish was a regular starter and played every big game between January and June. He was crucial to our shape and build-up and made key interventions in season-changing matches.

Although, for what it's worth, clearly Phillips contributed a lot last season in the dressing room - he's very obviously mates with all the England lads and he was the first person Bernardo ran to after scoring against Bayern. Keeping morale high among the squad doesn't mean much to us supporters but, on a day to day basis, if he kept that squad just 1% happier, and happy enough to win a treble, then he goes with my good graces.
Stop wasting your time mate, a well put together post like this is wasted on some people.

"You only see what your eyes want to see".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.