31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure anyone wants to admit this, but Ederson is a bang average keeper at shot stopping. Can’t replace the distribution… but man we could do better when it comes to more traditional keeper responsibilities.
I wouldn't swap Eddie for any other keeper in the world..he's so integral to the way we play..
Out of curiosity who would you replace him with..
Maybe a keeper who's won the golden gloves for the last couple of years would be better .
Ooh silly me..we already have him

He's the perfect keeper for us, not great at the basics but gives us so much more in other ways

Who would you suggest, seeing as you believe we could do better?
wether he could have saved it or not is neither here nor there. The man is utterly unique and is pivotal to the way we play. There is not another goalkeeper on earth with his combination of distribution and temperament. Nobody even close. I do worry that we are so dependent on him.

wether he could have saved it or not is neither here nor there. The man is utterly unique and is pivotal to the way we play. There is not another goalkeeper on earth with his combination of distribution and temperament. Nobody even close. I do worry that we are so dependent on him.
Totally agree but I was hoping @thanatos was going to give a name of someone better.

Ederson is Ederson i cant think of a goalkeeper that would fit our style of play more than he does, he is unique, a one off sure he has a mistake or two in him but dont we all? City needed Eddie as much as Eddie needed City . The guy is integral to the way we play football .Zac is a good keeper probably to good to be an understudy ,but when he is in goal we dont play with the same fluidity from the back that Eddie give us. Pep has changed goalkeeping in this country every team now thinks they can play out from the back and use the keeper as a sweeper, they cant cos they dont have Eddie .

Bang average? : /

Ok his shot stopping is not as good as some other top keepers but he's far from bang average. He instills calmness and trust in our defence as Ederson controls his box well, something De Gea does not, even though he's a much better one on one shot stopper than Eddie. The thing that I'm most impressed about Ederson this season is how he can keep his concentration for long periods of inactivity and then make a crucial save near the end of the game, and he's done it several times so far.

I wouldn't swap Eddie for any other keeper, would you?

I wouldn't swap him,no way,but his shot stopping is more than questionable at times,most can see that,that twat Jota scuffed his shot in the league game,and i thought he could of done better with their goal yesterday as well,but no way would i swap him,even though he gets bored easily,and loves taking the piss in his box,or goal line for that matter,which adds extra grey hairs to me every bloody game

To be fair, I think what we have, and what the manager wants, is a player who could probably get a game in midfield for some lower in the league Prem teams but plays in nets for us.

If yer man from Dortmund does sign for us then I reckon Ederson will get a couple of assists next season.

I wouldn't swap him,no way,but his shot stopping is more than questionable at times,most can see that,that twat Jota scuffed his shot in the league game,and i thought he could of done better with their goal yesterday as well,but no way would i swap him,even though he gets bored easily,and loves taking the piss in his box,or goal line for that matter,which adds extra grey hairs to me every bloody game
Will have to dub him 'Edersin' if he makes any more blunders mate; )

Joking apart, Eddie's shop stopping has improved each season, but is still probably his weakest attribute. And sometimes he makes a glaringly obvious error in his shot stopping and judgement, but all top keepers do.

But he more than makes up for those errors, especially in big games i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.