9/11 where were you?

Can still see LeRoy’s smiling face when I think of him. His wife and kids must hate this day, esp given she was allowed to listen to the cockpit tapes of her husband’s last moments, knowing he gave his all to try to stop those Saudi fucks. Explicit and graphic, it’s clear enough to know exactly what happened…which isn’t covered by ATC tapes.

Still feeling jet lagged after getting in at 7.45am from Newark on Monday 10th.

I remember a rumour starting that several trans Atlantic flights had been hijacked and were over the Atlantic heading for Europe

my first thought was that the first city they’d come to with high rise city centre towers would be manchester

I was working in Warrington and I remember my boss saying to us all, come on now back to work and me thinking are you serious.. WW3 might have just started

I was based at 34 fd hospital in York. Terror threat immediately went to highest level. We usually had 4 people on 24hr guard every day. That day it was increased to 12. I was 1 of them. Spent most of the day watching the news. I certainly at the time didn't realise the significance of the attack. Terrible tragedy for all those that lost their lives, and all the families that lost loved ones.

I was in work watching on the TV all day. My old boss was in New York, wandering around the Wall Street area when the plane hit. He didn’t see it but was very close as it’s not far from there. He got back to his hotel and had to stay in it for 3 days or so.

Watched it unfold in a pub in town before heading off to Notts. County. Strange atmosphere at the game as you’d probably expect.

I was taking my sister to work(afternoon)shift heard Fred on Piccadilly Radio saying a. Light plane had crashed into the towers,back home TV on ,at the time Iwas having new double glazing fitted,3 or 4 workmen myself and daughter sat all afternoon /evening glued to the screen.Sad memories,If ever you get to NY visit the memorial fountain and area.take in the variety of nations that lost their people that sad day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.