Ade can leave apparently

When you see a massive player and goalscorer like villa tracking back then you would expect a lesser striker like ade to do the same even tevez and bellamy do it all the time.

Darker shade of Blue said:
marco said:
ade will stay but dont fall off your chair if an 60/70 million bid goes in for torres,im 100% sure torres will be at city (imo)

Do you think it would be wise to give Liverpool £70 million quid? You would put your Champions League aspirations under threat if you did that. Their manager knows the game well, and besides, Torres isn't firing on all cylinders for them.

I do yes, as we would be getting the best Centre Forward in world football, Adebayor tried to play the Torres "lone striker" role in the last few games we have played and hardly touch the ball, Torres occupies 2 defenders doing this and nobody anywhere in the game today, can play that role as good as him.

Liverpool might recieve £70m or so for him in transfer fee, but Hodgeson would be lucky if he saw £20m of that to spend on players.

Not sure if you spent all last year on the Moon, but they owe RBS £50m in December in order to keep the bailiffs at bay and the Administrators away from Shankly gates, that club are fucked good and proper and ripe for picking, hence their buying this campaign, cheap shit or free shit......their days of chasing and being able to get the best are gone.

If Torres leaves Liverpool, and Mascherano will follow him, would you want to join that club if you were a top star player?.......my answer would be "No", as I wouldn't want to waste my time playing football to survive in the European places, without a hope or prayer of ever winning a trophy again or challenging the best teams about.

We wouldn't be helping Liverpool to progress, we would be getting Liverpool's best player, and nobody they buy after selling him, would get them back to where they were.....Villa won't leave Barca, Tevez isn't going anywhere, and certainly won't be wanting to either if Torres joins, Rooney....yes right, Ibrahimovic or Dzeko.....they simply couldn't afford them, nor would their clubs sell them, for anything less than £50m.

If Liverpool sold Torres this season, the best they will do is 7th, with Torres around they can still end 4th......but if they sold Mascherano & Torres for £100m, then they would have roughly £30m to spend on new players and wages IMHO.

Same as United having £80m to spend from Ronaldo deal.....all fabrication, that money was spent that same year, £60m to a bank and £20m on players.

You mean torres could play that role very well because we all saw at the world cup he seemed to have lost at least 1 or 2 yards of pace and for torres to be effective he needs that pace as he isn't a drogba who is going to bully his opponents or a skilled player as we all know now that torres touch can be just as bad as ade at times but he is a much better goalscorer and less of a distraction to the team.

I would say if someone can show us that he is over his injuries then we should try to bring him as i cannot take another ade as a starter he has become to comfortable knowing he doesn't have to do much to be in the team.

Oh dear, i'm going bed.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:59 am --<br /><br />
DonRobertoManciti said:
Do you think it would be wise to give Liverpool £70 million quid? You would put your Champions League aspirations under threat if you did that. Their manager knows the game well, and besides, Torres isn't firing on all cylinders for them.

I do yes, as we would be getting the best Centre Forward in world football, Adebayor tried to play the Torres "lone striker" role in the last few games we have played and hardly touch the ball, Torres occupies 2 defenders doing this and nobody anywhere in the game today, can play that role as good as him.

Liverpool might recieve £70m or so for him in transfer fee, but Hodgeson would be lucky if he saw £20m of that to spend on players.

Not sure if you spent all last year on the Moon, but they owe RBS £50m in December in order to keep the bailiffs at bay and the Administrators away from Shankly gates, that club are fucked good and proper and ripe for picking, hence their buying this campaign, cheap shit or free shit......their days of chasing and being able to get the best are gone.

If Torres leaves Liverpool, and Mascherano will follow him, would you want to join that club if you were a top star player?.......my answer would be "No", as I wouldn't want to waste my time playing football to survive in the European places, without a hope or prayer of ever winning a trophy again or challenging the best teams about.

We wouldn't be helping Liverpool to progress, we would be getting Liverpool's best player, and nobody they buy after selling him, would get them back to where they were.....Villa won't leave Barca, Tevez isn't going anywhere, and certainly won't be wanting to either if Torres joins, Rooney....yes right, Ibrahimovic or Dzeko.....they simply couldn't afford them, nor would their clubs sell them, for anything less than £50m.

If Liverpool sold Torres this season, the best they will do is 7th, with Torres around they can still end 4th......but if they sold Mascherano & Torres for £100m, then they would have roughly £30m to spend on new players and wages IMHO.

Same as United having £80m to spend from Ronaldo deal.....all fabrication, that money was spent that same year, £60m to a bank and £20m on players.
Another top post Don Rob BTW.

The Fixer said:
Ancelotti says he fears city and tips us for the title.

Means absolutely nothing. Other than "I want it to look like i've done even better when we beat them".

On the other hand, he'd look a complete chump if he said we were crap and then we did finish above them.

Praising us is nothing other than good sense.

There seems to be theme in this thread that if Torres stays with the dippers he will rediscover his form and they'll be 4th but if he joins us he will have lost a yard or two and we will have wasted our money.

I'm no doctor but I think Torres will be fine with the right medical team around him and sufficient time to let his injuries heal. We need to cease the opportunity and get him.

zinaldo1982 said:
When you see a massive player and goalscorer like villa tracking back then you would expect a lesser striker like ade to do the same even tevez and bellamy do it all the time.

And so what you want from a striker is him defending? What a load of shite!

marco said:
ade will stay but dont fall off your chair if an 60/70 million bid goes in for torres,im 100% sure torres will be at city (imo)

If Torres had not have played in the World Cup, I think there would have been more interest, but the sight of him struggling so badly will have raised question marks

I'm more worried about how City are going to assimilate all these players into the squad when the team is spending most of its time in hotels and airports rather than on the training ground. Trouble ahead. It will come good, but City fans will have to be patient. Too many think that it's all down to splashing the cash. Intergrating the players is the hard part, and only Yaya Toure is involved with the team at the moment.

Good post marvin - its all about patience - give it time and we will be very good the second half of the season. I worry we won't show patience and the press will have a field day as we self distruct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.