Ade Durham on Talksport

I dont, thats why i asked the question. I remember the junior blues starting up, i think early 80s one of my lads joined, however nobody recruited him, it was like joining the cubs.
rather amusingly you don’t appear to understand the word “recruitment”.

Haha.

I stand by my point. This is damaging our reputation and recruitment. I’m a junior football coach in Yorkshire and Liverpool are still attracting more kids than us. It’s difficult to quantify but this year it’s reached a peak and I want us to fight back.
Good to see you’re a late convert to the Agenda Theory, mate.

Better late than never…

After reading this thread I’ve just given talk sport another go … interview with the Leicester manager … a bloke called Adam in the studio
“ you can see the pain in his voice “
Ok Google play absolute radio.

Going to the match on the tram etc. - I look around and there is the whole gamut of fans - young and old etc. etc. People in their 70's and 80's making their way there in the pissing rain and all conditions - following us home and away - will never have thought in their wildest dreams we'd experience and witness what they have/are. Then you think of the witch-hunt and you do feel it's hanging over us all - sometimes you can sense the reservation and apathy - incredibly unfair, made up on the hoof rules by the entitled, to dampen and undermine what we as fans are spending our hard earned money and savings on - yep it becomes deflating and incredibly sad at times. Totally unfair, as it is on Everton and Forest etc.
Wave after wave of shit. No appreciation. Now and again we wallow in defiance - but let's face it - rather we weren't being put through this constantly.
Every angle of negative reporting is chucked at us - and of course favourable coverage or turning an unquestioning blind eye for the usual suspects -
Liverpool hacking/industrial espionage - swept under the carpet.
Liverpool allowed what is in effect a propaganda style pre-game Haka - observed by all broadcasters and promoted as a shining example of knowledgeable fans - never mind the following 90 minutes of quiet.
Arsenal - suddenly pretending they have a meaningful pre-match anthem - embarrassing in the extreme, but never questioned, never-mind mocked.
Liverpool - attacking and damaging team's coaches and endangering those inside, that come to play them, in a premeditated, criminal ambush - no action from anyone.
United - A tramp buys a small % of a crumbling club - he's being used as a foil and a buffer - but hey - he's the second coming.
Scruffy Jim taps up employees from rival clubs - his alleged M.O. of asset stripping continues - it's astute business practice!
Just basic journalism about the Arsenal's Letter-headed letter and the catalyst meeting - a doumentary? a Panorama? Dispatches? - No - fck all!
City's regeneration of East (and more) Manchester? - a byline if we're lucky.
But....
Pissing down, cold evening, traffic chaos, early kick off - some empty seats at 7.15!!!! Hold the FRONT PAGE!!!!
You been listening to Gil Scott Heron- B Movie?

Haha.

I stand by my point. This is damaging our reputation and recruitment. I’m a junior football coach in Yorkshire and Liverpool are still attracting more kids than us. It’s difficult to quantify but this year it’s reached a peak and I want us to fight back.

Around 2013 I was coaching kids in Australia & there was more City kits than any others, previously all the kids were in Rags, Barca & Madrid then the attacks on City started & I noticed the kits drop & the Dippers take over.

Around 2013 I was coaching kids in Australia & there was more City kits than any others, previously all the kids were in Rags, Barca & Madrid then the attacks on City started & I noticed the kits drop & the Dippers take over.
If they are that fickle they can fuck off anyway

Plus aussies, most of their ancestors would have been scouse crims so I not surprised :)

That’s great to see. I moved to Harrogate in 1984 absolutely loved the place and was gutted to move on in 1992. The only City fans I knew was my two sons and a guy I worked with who moved from Cheadle Heath a few years before me. We were joined by another three who moved over from Manchester to work at the CEGB and that was pretty well it. Wall to wall dirty Leeds. I used to say to the Yorkies that I was over there doing Missionary Work - it’s good to see your evangelical work amongst the heathens in paying off :)
Great stuff mate. FWIW, Our Supporters Club Branch was set up a dozen years or more ago by a couple of Scots who’d fallen in love with City. Lewis had gone to Blackpool expecting them to take on the rags in the bank holiday friendly. There had been a misprint in the schedule and he watched City by chance.

A focal point of the Branch was the Menwith Hill base so we had quite a few US Service personnel on our coach in the early days. That has changed since Lewis retired to Cyprus but we still have strong connections with Menwith Hill.

The Supoorters Club has grown from strength to strength and it’s a good balance between exiled Mancs and Yorkshire born and bred Blues (Often with family connections to Manchester). We now have 250 plus members.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.