Ade off?

Chippy_boy said:
macmanson said:
I'd rather Ade over Ibra to be honest. Ade can be a proper target man when given the right service.

Yes, so would I. I'd be mighty disappointed if Ade was to leave.

Having said that, I wish he wouldn't go looking for the ball so much and farting about on the wing. When we play with him and Tevez we look like 4-6-0 sometimes. His best work is when he plays as an out and out striker and stays high up and central.

I can't believe your having this conversation...the difference between ibra and ade is the difference between night and day imo....

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Yes, so would I. I'd be mighty disappointed if Ade was to leave.

Having said that, I wish he wouldn't go looking for the ball so much and farting about on the wing. When we play with him and Tevez we look like 4-6-0 sometimes. His best work is when he plays as an out and out striker and stays high up and central.

I can't believe your having this conversation...the difference between ibra and ade is the difference between night and day imo....

you being racist?

hehe just kidding bud

but i think Ibra is on a differently level to ade, but again, ibra isnt an alone striker is he? surelysomeone like dzeko would make more sense to bring in

Jimma said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

i think Ibra is on a differently level to ade

I really don't.

The "problem" with Ade is I am not sure if he gives 100% all the time (which can certainly be said of Ibra as well, btw).

But when he does, he is unbelievable and deffo one of the worlds best strikers. He has pace to burn, great skills, can hold the ball up, good in the air, clinical finishing. 30 goals from 47 games season before last. What more do you want? He is equal to Drogba when he puts his mind to it. (Incidentally, Ibra was 29 goals from 46 games for the same period, and Drogba was 14 from 42, although last season he had a blinder obviously.)

So is Ibra better than Ade? No, not really. The question is which one of them will apply themselves more and deliver to their potential. The answer to that is I have no idea.

Chippy_boy said:
Jimma said:

I really don't.

The "problem" with Ade is I am not sure if he gives 100% all the time (which can certainly be said of Ibra as well, btw).

But when he does, he is unbelievable and deffo one of the worlds best strikers. He has pace to burn, great skills, can hold the ball up, good in the air, clinical finishing. 30 goals from 47 games season before last. What more do you want? He is equal to Drogba when he puts his mind to it. (Incidentally, Ibra was 29 goals from 46 games for the same period, and Drogba was 14 from 42, although last season he had a blinder obviously.)

So is Ibra better than Ade? No, not really. The question is which one of them will apply themselves more and deliver to their potential. The answer to that is I have no idea.

I didn't mean I thought ade was bad! I like ade.

But in terms of class and status. Ibra is on a different level to ade.

I hope ade stays. 100%

Chippy_boy said:
Jimma said:

I really don't.

Not sure how you got that together but it is very wrong imo.

I agree that when on top of his game Ade is unstoppable and as good as anyone.
The problem here is that Ade is like Ireland, very much on or off not much between.

Zlatan on the other hand has proved himself 5-6 years in a row now, performing every year. Some years he's been out of this world, others just a worldclass player. Winning the league EVERY year. Fact.

That is more like playing to your potential?

There is something about Zlatan many don't like. But surely that's not something that got to do with his skills, it's something else.

Trading Ade for Z is certainly the next level. Unlike Barca we'd give him a pass once in a while too!
Our team is made for Zlatan, Mancini's favorite striker in the world, and he'd do anything to get him here. Be sure about that!

analog blue said:
Not sure how you got that together but it is very wrong imo.

I agree that when on top of his game Ade is unstoppable and as good as anyone.
The problem here is that Ade is like Ireland, very much on or off not much between.

Zlatan on the other hand has proved himself 5-6 years in a row now, performing every year. Some years he's been out of this world, others just a worldclass player. Winning the league EVERY year. Fact.

That is more like playing to your potential?

There is something about Zlatan many don't like. But surely that's not something that got to do with his skills, it's something else.

Trading Ade for Z is certainly the next level. Unlike Barca we'd give him a pass once in a while too!
Our team is made for Zlatan, Mancini's favorite striker in the world, and he'd do anything to get him here. Be sure about that!

Don't get me wrong, I would not be "disappointed" if we signed Ibra, LOL.

But I think you have rose coloured glasses on. Yes, he's a world class player, and yes he's proven himself at every level, but he's not a 30+ goal person man in the same way as say Henry was, season in, season out. He's sometimes had a more respectable 15 per season and has certainly come under criticism from fans for lack of graft and commitment... not unlike Ade. Yes his medal cabinet is packed full, but he's played for Inter and Barca, which Ade has not. Would Ade have the same medals had roles been reversed? In my view, he would.

So as I say, I don't see a world of difference between them. But clearly you have a different view, which is fine with me. Views can differ.

Ade starts the UEFA Cup game tonight. Cup-tied for Europe, then - presumably, only teams in European competition would be likely to sign him, so does that put paid to talk of him leaving?

Dyed Petya said:
Ade starts the UEFA Cup game tonight. Cup-tied for Europe, then - presumably, only teams in European competition would be likely to sign him, so does that put paid to talk of him leaving?

All the 'top' clubs, which Ade would be entitled to think he could get a move to, all play in Europe.

I would defo agree, there can't be too much out there.

Tevez City said:
Whats the point of selling our best target man ?
agree. top scorer this season for us .if mancini gives the lad a decent enough run of games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.