Adrien Rabiot

1/I think we both know that winning the league with PSG, in Ligue one, tells us nothing about this lads potential or form. Scott Brown has won 7 titles with celtic and it tells us fuck all about his capacity to play in today's Prem league, because like your lad he plays in a one team league.
2/ Pogba plays regularly in the champs league and is reportedly wanted by Barca, and he is shit. Does that mean he's one for us?
3/ Read the link below which summarises this lads personality and form. If this lad can't get in the France team with all his titles and Champ league experience over nzonzi ( who I rate by the way), how on earth is he one for us., particularly when he has made it abundently clear that he does not want to play as a Dm. I ll eat humble pie if City go anywhere near this player, but for the life of me on a free or not can't see it at all.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...biot-at-early-crossroads-for-club-and-country

Only Cavani played more minutes than Rabiot last season, where do you think Gundogan would fit in PSG squad ? (I'd say reserve or bench at best)
Two different players who play in two different positions

Pep would work wonders with Rabiot. I'd say considering age experience and he's a player with a high ceiling, he would be worth circa 70m if he was tied down for 2.5yrs.

People saying he's not good enough for us will look stupid if we managed to sneak this guy from under barcas noses..Guarenteed worldie if playing for a top club in a top league for a top manager.

Me, too. He goes about his business with an element of ease. The question always arises, though, as to what he would make of the PL, but more importantly, what would the PL make of him.

And as posters have written, Gundog is a better option!

From what I've seen of him he's more of a Fern type player than Gundogen (and like Sir Jo I don't have a problem with Gundo any way), as to the PL question, we've had quite a few we could throw that one at, Fern included, so who knows, but he is quality and would make a great replacement for Fern over the next couple of years or so.

Pep would work wonders with Rabiot. I'd say considering age experience and he's a player with a high ceiling, he would be worth circa 70m if he was tied down for 2.5yrs.

People saying he's not good enough for us will look stupid if we managed to sneak this guy from under barcas noses..Guarenteed worldie if playing for a top club in a top league for a top manager.
Yeh he ll be as effective as the Nolito signing and well all look stupid.

From what I've seen of him he's more of a Fern type player than Gundogen (and like Sir Jo I don't have a problem with Gundo any way), as to the PL question, we've had quite a few we could throw that one at, Fern included, so who knows, but he is quality and would make a great replacement for Fern over the next couple of years or so.
Just one problem he has refused in the past to play dm. Sees himself as a DeBruyne or silva. Lost his place and form in the psg team because of it along with a trip to the world Cup. Plus there's a small matter of him being shit.

Just one problem he has refused in the past to play dm. Sees himself as a DeBruyne or silva. Lost his place and form in the psg team because of it along with a trip to the world Cup. Plus there's a small matter of him being shit.

Whilst that may be true, Fern isn't exactly a typical DM , seems to have plenty of free reign to join in attacks and get forward, can't see why (if we are interested) that this wouldn't be the case with Rabiot ?

You think he's shit, I don't, not much more to say about that one.

[QUOTE = "Dirty Harry, post: 11195692, member: 11752"] Whilst that is true, Fern is not exactly a typical DM, can not see why (if we are interested) this is not the case with Rabiot?

You think he's shit, I do not, much more to say about that one. [/ QUOTE]
True but he is a lot more combatative in the role than this lad. At best this lad is more akin to Jorghino in how he wants yo and does go about his business in that area of the pitch. Gundogan would also be a fair comparison in how rabiot arries out the dm role. Nice passes, recycling the ball etc. But it is not what we need. I am not saying fern is a typical dm as like most I know has a lot more to his game. But what fern does have is a good balance in terms of his defensive and at times offensive game. City don't need a dm who is just offensively quite pleasing on the ball We have a fucking ton of them. They also don't need a player who wants to play as an attacking midfielder when the jury is out on whether he is even sound enough defensively to play in the Prem. If you doubt the importance of the qualities needed in this role have a look at the last minute tackles, interceptions and pace fern had to use against Wolves last week, to ensure we escaped with a point. Not a cat in hellos chance this lad has the capacity to put in a shift like fern and particularly when he's made it clear he doesn't want to play as a dm. And yes I do still think in any event that he is shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.