Adrien Rabiot

[/ QUOTE]
True but he is a lot more combatative in the role than this lad. At best this lad is more akin to Jorghino in how he wants yo and does go about his business in that area of the pitch. Gundogan would also be a fair comparison in how rabiot arries out the dm role. Nice passes, recycling the ball etc. But it is not what we need. I am not saying fern is a typical dm as like most I know has a lot more to his game. But what fern does have is a good balance in terms of his defensive and at times offensive game. City don't need a dm who is just offensively quite pleasing on the ball We have a fucking ton of them. They also don't need a player who wants to play as an attacking midfielder when the jury is out on whether he is even sound enough defensively to play in the Prem. If you doubt the importance of the qualities needed in this role have a look at the last minute tackles, interceptions and pace fern had to use against Wolves last week, to ensure we escaped with a point. Not a cat in hellos chance this lad has the capacity to put in a shift like fern and particularly when he's made it clear he doesn't want to play as a dm. And yes I do still think in any event that he is shit.[/QUOTE]

I take it you mean Fern is a lot more combative than Rabiot ? Yeah probably, I wouldn't disagree with that, from what I've seen though not that much in it, but did we ever have that view of Fern when he signed ? not sure we did, certainly not the games I saw, maybe that's something the premier league brought to the fore in Fern's game and may do so in Rabiot ?

As I see it, he's quite equal with Gundogen in terms of (as you say) nice passes, recycling the ball etc, but I also see a better athlete, quicker, far more energy (not quite a pomp Fern, but then again who is) and better defensively than any of Gundogen, Dave and De Bruyne, so for me he'd be a great addition.

No brainier on a free in my opinion, but I doubt it will happen to be honest think he will renew.

Not necessarily looking at this guy just with the 6 in mind. Might well look to offload Gundogan if the money was right.

Don't know how reliable this source is, but for free he would be a great addition

never really seen him play to be honest. Will he be starting against the vermin on Wednesday ? Migh watch to see how he copes at klanfield or if their bus is attacked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.