Aguero's disallowed goal

We are getting cheated on VAR and we aren’t even playing the Scousers or the rags. It’s only going to get worse I’m afraid.

Agree. I think what’s been happening is the testing of a new system to ‘its limits’ or put another way... testing how far they can push it before the cheating is apparent.

If you watch the City extended highlights, he's clearly offside (around 4mins in) https://www.mancity.com/citytv/matc...o-cup-final-chelsea-highlights-video-extended

The VAR line they showed during the game was a fraction before the pass is made in my opinion and made him level.
But when is the pass made? According to the reworked rules it is now when the passing player touches the ball - Not when it leaves his foot. So it should have been onside. It is Aguero's arse that is offside.

He had an opinion, you called him names. "lying, attention seeking"

I'd rather listen to opinion than someone barking accusations.

It’s not an accusation when the proof is undeniably there to back it up. What more do you want? Next you’ll be telling me Klipperty’s teeth are all his own.

Quite a weird reaction TBH, i specifically said 'the angle that i saw' not that the angle i saw was the correct one or that they had even got the frame spot on. To go straight from that to calling someone a liar or attention seeker, especially considering we support the same team.

The angle is completely irrelevant, unless Sergio can suddenly stop time, detach his head and sow it on to his arse.

I thought it was just Tevez who could do that?

it was offside. Just.

2w2eouf.jpg

What fucks me off is that the linesman is supposed to be level with the last defender so that he can look straight across the pitch and see when someone is offside. Look at this twat. He's two yards at least off the play. When he put the flag up he was guessing.

But when is the pass made? According to the reworked rules it is now when the passing player touches the ball - Not when it leaves his foot. So it should have been onside. It is Aguero's arse that is offside.

You can score with your arse.

I still think that VAR will be a good thing in the long term, it is still early days and as it is used more and more i suspect things will get better.

I completely agree that we have been on the wrong end of some incorrect calls so far and as such it is difficult to stomach but I believe it will be a good thing for us in the long run.

I would be more concerned about the use of VAR if i was unfortunate enough to be a Rag or Dipper.

Was a big fan of VAR but yesterday clearly showed it should have stood. They reviewed it and somehow didn’t overrule the linesman. It’s bent and fucking useless.

Cheers, I never knew that.

I don't think they'll ever get this right, though. It's easier for cricket because the cameras know generally where to be positioned/pointing and it is still only to determine obvious errors. I don't think there was an obvious error here. Most thought he was offside originally and best guess seems to suggest he was just offside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.