Ajax fans being obnoxious

Blue Haze said:
matty barton said:
Would you be offended if the sheikh caricature was used to ridicule the allocation of the World Cup to Qatar? The answer is no, because you, like every other football fan on earth believes its a joke that FIFA sold the World Cup to a host like that.
There is nothing wrong with Qatar getting the World Cup.

An Arab with a bag of money is no different than a caricatured Chinese with a bag of money. Imagine if a wealthy Jewish owner bought a club and they portrayed him with a bag of money and wearing a kippah. It's racist all day long, but apparently this form of racism is one of the 'acceptable' forms against money. They aren't protesting money in football, they're protesting Arabs and Russians with money in football.

There is nothing wrong with Qatar getting the World Cup? Are you for fucking real? Whats right about it?

Your argument about them protesting against Arabs and Russians is shit as well. Two of the banners (City and Chelski share one) belittle the Red Bull owned clubs (Austria Salzburg in Austria have won titles while the German Red Bull club is being funded up from the lower leagues). Red Bull are Austrian and owned by an Austrian as ''Aryan'' as the Dutch themselves.The other banner is about Vitesse Arnhem, the first Dutch club owned by a foreigner. That foreigner is Georgian. A little trawl through history will show you the Georgians biggest enemies are the Russians on the one, and Islam on the other side.

Yes, they are slating you for being a sugardaddy club.Fine if you disagree with them for that, but have the decency not to mirepresent it as an attack on Arabs.

matty barton said:
Blue Haze said:
matty barton said:
Would you be offended if the sheikh caricature was used to ridicule the allocation of the World Cup to Qatar? The answer is no, because you, like every other football fan on earth believes its a joke that FIFA sold the World Cup to a host like that.

An Arab with a bag of money is no different than a caricatured Chinese with a bag of money. Imagine if a wealthy Jewish owner bought a club and they portrayed him with a bag of money and wearing a kippah. It's racist all day long, but apparently this form of racism is one of the 'acceptable' forms against money. They aren't protesting money in football, they're protesting Arabs and Russians with money in football.

There is nothing wrong with Qatar getting the World Cup? Are you for fucking real? Whats right about it?

Your argument about them protesting against Arabs and Russians is shit as well. Two of the banners (City and Chelski share one) belittle the Red Bull owned clubs (Austria Salzburg in Austria have won titles while the German Red Bull club is being funded up from the lower leagues). Red Bull are Austrian and owned by an Austrian as ''Aryan'' as the Dutch themselves.The other banner is about Vitesse Arnhem, the first Dutch club owned by a foreigner. That foreigner is Georgian. A little trawl through history will show you the Georgians biggest enemies are the Russians on the one, and Islam on the other side.

Yes, they are slating you for being a sugardaddy club.Fine if you disagree with them for that, but have the decency not to mirepresent it as an attack on Arabs.
jeez you're back on your soapbox

isn't getting twatted twice in a week by these rich clubs and being put in your place, alongside a poor Liverpool, enough for you without being banned again

"You might find that odd in a country that is probably more advanced and better educated than ours"

Evidenced by?.........

greasedupdeafguy said:
Meh its just rivalry dont see why there being fined for it this is the type of thing that makes football what it is the passion and rivalry.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uTR68LEzXUQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... TR68LEzXUQ</a>

Thought this was quite funny

Haha! Quality that mate, thanks for sharing.

matty barton said:
Blue Haze said:
matty barton said:

You still haven't answered by question.

If a Jewish owner spent money buying players for a club, and Ajax fans made a banner showing a Jew in his kippah with a bag of money, would you think it's racist? How about the term 'Jewish money' instead of 'Arab money' or 'Russian money'?

I assume you're okay with that as well.

You asked what's right about Qatar winning the World Cup. To me, it will be exciting to watch these proposed stadiums and the technology used to keep the climate moderate, on top of being carbon neutral. Apparently part of the stadiums will be deconstructable so that they can be donated to Africa and reassembled. It will be the first World Cup ever in that region of the world. Their bid was strong and financially backed to the hilt. I cannot see anything wrong with it. Some of the techniques being proposed are exciting.

What exactly is wrong with it?

1961_vintage said:
"You might find that odd in a country that is probably more advanced and better educated than ours"

Evidenced by?.........

Where do we start?

1) no discernible chav underclass
2) the lowest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe compared to ours being the highest
3) far fewer slums/no go areas
4) no major drug problem among their youth
5) higher standard of living
6) most of them speak German and English, as well as their mothertongue.Most of us struggle with our own lingo
7)higher employment rates
8) cleanliness
9) more foreign investment than in any other European country

Sure, its subjective, but I've never met anyone who suggested the Dutch should model their society on ours. The opposite is something you often hear.

The fact they consistently produce good footballers while we don't also tells a story. I doubt they are genetically pre-programmed to be better at it,so it must be something to do with systems and attitudes.

matty barton said:
1961_vintage said:

Evidenced by?.........

Where do we start?

1) no discernible chav underclass
2) the lowest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe compared to ours being the highest
3) far fewer slums/no go areas
4) no major drug problem among their youth
5) higher standard of living
6) most of them speak German and English, as well as their mothertongue.Most of us struggle with our own lingo
7)higher employment rates
8) cleanliness
9) more foreign investment than in any other European country

Sure, its subjective, but I've never met anyone who suggested the Dutch should model their society on ours. The opposite is something you often hear.

The fact they consistently produce good footballers while we don't also tells a story. I doubt they are genetically pre-programmed to be better at it,so it must be something to do with systems and attitudes.[

I lived in Holland for four years and there are a number of things that you could have highlighted. But I didn't really get beyond your first point to be honest as you come across as some kind of deluded, trolling fantasist.

Blue Haze said:
matty barton said:
Blue Haze said:

If a Jewish owner spent money buying players for a club, and Ajax fans made a banner showing a Jew in his kippah with a bag of money, would you think it's racist? How about the term 'Jewish money' instead of 'Arab money' or 'Russian money'?

You asked what's right about Qatar winning the World Cup. To me, it will be exciting to watch these proposed stadiums and the technology used to keep the climate moderate, on top of being carbon neutral. Apparently part of the stadiums will be deconstructable so that they can be donated to Africa and reassembled. It will be the first World Cup ever in that region of the world. Their bid was strong and financially backed to the hilt. I cannot see anything wrong with it. Some of the techniques being proposed are exciting.

Yes, a stereotypical Jew with money would be racist. An Arab wearing a headdress is no more racist than a German in Lederhosen, a Frenchman in a striped jumper and a beret or an Englishman with a skinhead and tattoos.

The difference should be obvious. Arabs haven't been persecuted for centuries with the excuse that they are usurers, money lenders and thieving parasites exploiting the rest of the world.Jews have.

If I saw a caricature of an Arab engaging in an act of terrorism I'd agree with you 100%.

Why is Qatar a poor choice?

1) It has a population of fewer than 2 million. Fewer than 10% of those are entitled to vote. Previous non-traditional hosts like USA or Japan have massive populations and bringing the World Cup there helped sell the game.

Apart from fascist Italy in 1934 and Junta Argentina in 78 all countries hosting the event have had far better human rights records than Qatar.

2) its hardly a bastion of football culture like Germany,Brazil,England or for that matter the African nations, nor can it ever become one due to its size and demographics

3) Very few fans will travel.

4) the temperature

5) (alleged) bribery to win the FIFA vote

The Russian World Cup also got slated. I have no issues with that one. Huge country with a footballing history where the infrastructure will benefit future generations.I'm all for the World Cup in an Arab country as well. Egypt or Morocco would be great, just like Germany or England are more suitable European hosts than Luxembourg.

The Qatar World Cup is a bad joke.

matty barton said:
Blue Haze said:
matty barton said:

Why is Qatar a poor choice?

1) It has a population of fewer than 2 million. Fewer than 10% of those are entitled to vote. Previous non-traditional hosts like USA or Japan have massive populations and bringing the World Cup there helped sell the game.

Apart from fascist Italy in 1934 and Junta Argentina in 78 all countries hosting the event have had far better human rights records than Qatar.

2) its hardly a bastion of football culture like Germany,Brazil,England or for that matter the African nations, nor can it ever become one due to its size and demographics

3) Very few fans will travel.

4) the temperature

5) (alleged) bribery to win the FIFA vote

The Russian World Cup also got slated. I have no issues with that one. Huge country with a footballing history where the infrastructure will benefit future generations.I'm all for the World Cup in an Arab country as well. Egypt or Morocco would be great, just like Germany or England are more suitable European hosts than Luxembourg.

The Qatar World Cup is a bad joke.

Gotcha, it should be restricted to highly democratic states with large populations and loads of fans. A curious list of restrictions that limit the World Cup to countries like... oh let me guess, Europe and the US.

Don't know which country you're from, but you sound like someone who is bitter that your country lost the World Cup. Tough shit, most countries lost, get over it without having to act like you were cheated and some other country is a joke.

Yes, a stereotypical Jew with money would be racist. An Arab wearing a headdress is no more racist than a German in Lederhosen, a Frenchman in a striped jumper and a beret or an Englishman with a skinhead and tattoos.

The difference should be obvious. Arabs haven't been persecuted for centuries with the excuse that they are usurers, money lenders and thieving parasites exploiting the rest of the world.Jews have.

If I saw a caricature of an Arab engaging in an act of terrorism I'd agree with you 100%.

Oh wonderful, it's okay to emphasize ethnicity and religion in some cases but not in others. Thought this was about money in the game, not about certain nationalities or races with money. Why emphasize someone's ethnicity at all if not to highlight it and incite hatred toward it? Holland has some severe problems politically with racist politicians and it's no surprise that it shows up in their banners.

squirtyflower said:
jeez you're back on your soapbox

isn't getting twatted twice in a week by these rich clubs and being put in your place, alongside a poor Liverpool, enough for you without being banned again

Aaaah, he's one of those. No wonder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.