Ajax Fans Tonight

Neville Kneville said:
Strange that back when we were shit & the club was on its arse, our support was fantastic. Now we are champions & the club is on course to be one of the best in the world, the support is shit.

If you took the noise from fans who watched & cheered when we beat Wigan in the playoffs & put those same fans, making the same noise into the Etihad, it wouldn't matter if Ajax fans had a drum, because nobody would hear it.

I don't know why its happened but now we have singing sections which are often arms folded sections.

It's not just us to be fair, the whole atmosphere in the Premier League is shit. The longer teams survive, the shittier their atmosphere gets. It happened to Portsmouth eventually & it's gradually happening to Stoke.

Sooner or later, they'll be as shit as we are now & we will be as shit as the rags.

All the fans who travel from anywhere in Europe are better than the fans from England. It used to be the other way around.

Completely agree which is why change needs to be implemented. Safe sanding, fans groups etc

About time we started banning drums from the ground..never seem to hear them at other english clubs grounds playing continental teams

lets see how loud them the germans and the rest are without them

Conceding 2 early goals didnt help the home support but i keep saying it, get in early IF YOU CAN. The ajax fans were in long before the home crowd and were going through their song list.By the time the teams came out they were well up for it but our singing sections were still taking their seats at k.o. As were the majority of the ground. Do you really need that extra pint of piss in Mary Ds or wherever.? Ajax were louder than us, didnt bring as many as i thought they would though.Hurry up BA and Citizens get it going the rest of the ground will join in im sure.

bugsyblue said:
Neville Kneville said:
Strange that back when we were shit & the club was on its arse, our support was fantastic. Now we are champions & the club is on course to be one of the best in the world, the support is shit.

If you took the noise from fans who watched & cheered when we beat Wigan in the playoffs & put those same fans, making the same noise into the Etihad, it wouldn't matter if Ajax fans had a drum, because nobody would hear it.

I don't know why its happened but now we have singing sections which are often arms folded sections.

It's not just us to be fair, the whole atmosphere in the Premier League is shit. The longer teams survive, the shittier their atmosphere gets. It happened to Portsmouth eventually & it's gradually happening to Stoke.

Sooner or later, they'll be as shit as we are now & we will be as shit as the rags.

All the fans who travel from anywhere in Europe are better than the fans from England. It used to be the other way around.

Completely agree which is why change needs to be implemented. Safe sanding, fans groups etc

For that to happen though, the suits have to agree that something in the Premier League is wrong. So long as they keep selling it for more & more money, what incentive is there to change anything ?

Neville Kneville said:

The game has changed. It's a different prospect now. Granted a lot of us are still here from those days but it's more like going to the theatre now. Look how much it costs. Too many people think that because we have a good team, the ticket prices are acceptable. £35 for last night is cheaper than most matches and that's still too much for a lot of people if they are going to games regularly. For all 3 champions league home matches, you're looking at more than £100. It's just too much for our fanbase.

Neville Kneville said:
bugsyblue said:
Neville Kneville said:

For that to happen though, the suits have to agree that something in the Premier League is wrong. So long as they keep selling it for more & more money, what incentive is there to change anything ?

I understand your point but that attitude (them, not you!) really annoys me. This general attitude is also prevalent in society and among politicians too - only change something when it is at crisis point - what happened to the forward thinking nation that made this country once great?!

Was in 116 and atmosphere was okay, not amazing but okay. Considering we went 2-0 down its inevitably going to take the sting out of it.
The incessant groaning when a player picks up the ball and doesn't immediately surge forward is more frustrating than the lacking of an 'amazing' continental atmosphere.

I'm in 111, wasn't a great atmosphere from us but there was a few attempts. What were the super fans on here doing to improve the atmosphere in the rest of the ground?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.