Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Yes mate.

I'm just living a single life. Don't feel the need to go the pub every night now.

Just have a couple in the local watching footy with my old man. Then one night a weekend I have a drink. Not to the point where I'm incoherent though.

Can't work that out either. When I was married I'd drink to the point where I couldn't remember how I got home.

And now I don't. Don't know if that was
stress of marriage or pressures etc...

I think a lot of times for me is hating going back home half pissed - feeling blurry. As I’d be totally useless, tired, can’t be arsed to talk to the Mrs, and not hungry for dinner.

So many a night I would rather just get smashed and stay out late than go home.

But that’s changing next year and going forward - can’t stand the hangovers anymore and general tiredness for days after. Rather avoid it all together and feel fresh around the wife and kids

I think a lot of times for me is hating going back home half pissed - feeling blurry. As I’d be totally useless, tired, can’t be arsed to talk to the Mrs, and not hungry for dinner.

So many a night I would rather just get smashed and stay out late than go home.

But that’s changing next year and going forward - can’t stand the hangovers anymore and general tiredness for days after. Rather avoid it all together and feel fresh around the wife and kids
Please use my experience as an example mate.

Don't let it win. I took my wife for granted and now paying the price for it.

Good luck fella

Alcohol cost me my marriage.

Right from under me.

I used to choose going to the pub after work than going home to my wife n daughter and having a home cooked meal.

It started out as a couple of pints then go home. If I finished early I would go for lunch and a "couple" of pints. On the odd occasion, My wife would text and say "go on I'll have one on the way home" at 5 ish.

Luckily for us she had a better resolve than going the pub most evenings. She used to say to me you're drinking this family away and I used to laugh at her.

We could comfortably afford it. Not that that makes it OK!

Then one day reality hit. She had enough.

Strange how something so small can cost you something so big!
That is really sad mate, sorry to hear about your circumstances, take heed folks the lessons are all around us.

Thanks for sharing as your situation may be the alarm bell / wake up call for someone else

Please use my experience as an example mate.

Don't let it win. I took my wife for granted and now paying the price for it.

Good luck fella
Sad that pal. She told you that you were drinking your family away and you ignored it.

Is it too late too just meet her to apologise to her and your daughter? It's a lot to throw away for all three of you

I've had one drink in the last 3 days. Been ill, wife made me a hot toddy. We don't have many spirits in the house so it consisted of hot water, honey, lemoncello and toffee vodka. The sweetest drink I've ever tasted in my life and not recommended. One day at a time
Fucking hell that should be more than enough to put anyone off the drink for substantial period.

Your wife's a genius........... ;-)

Last can of carling, I'm done too.
Dry till the end of January at least.
Good luck and happy new year, not only to your goodself, but to everyone who has empathy with the struggle.
Scratch that - this is whats more than enough to put anyone off the drink for a substantial period.............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.