Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

111 days sober. Been a rocky road and still have incredibly difficult and dark days but for the first time in a long time I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Even managed to go on holiday for first time in 6 years as previously was too anxious (sometimes to even leave the house)

Good luck to anybody and everybody who is fighting the good fight against alcohol addiction. It’s a bastard

Absolutely amazing work. Not many nail triple figures. Should be very proud of yourself. Amazing how that anxiety eases off.

111 days sober. Been a rocky road and still have incredibly difficult and dark days but for the first time in a long time I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Even managed to go on holiday for first time in 6 years as previously was too anxious (sometimes to even leave the house)

Good luck to anybody and everybody who is fighting the good fight against alcohol addiction. It’s a bastard
Very well done! Be strong You have all our support. It is worth it on so many levels.

It is also good to come on here to keep telling us. We all want to hear how you are; ups and downs too. Problem shared is a problem halved and all that bollox.

Outstanding that mate.........

Well done, absolutely outstanding!!

I’m on day 2… and that isn’t a piss take day 2. Thought if I’m going to do this let’s get through the new year celebrations without alcohol, if I can do that then fingers crossed I can keep going. Fast heading towards 40 and I look at myself and think the drink needs to go for the sake of my long term health and happiness.

Well done, absolutely outstanding!!

I’m on day 2… and that isn’t a piss take day 2. Thought if I’m going to do this let’s get through the new year celebrations without alcohol, if I can do that then fingers crossed I can keep going. Fast heading towards 40 and I look at myself and think the drink needs to go for the sake of my long term health and happiness.
We all have to start sometime. Why not now?

I would say 'Good Luck,' but luck is not what you need. A strong resolve and a real desire to stop is what you do need. Keep us posted how you are getting on, please.

Alcohol really is a horrible drug for those suffering with addiction. It wrecks so many lives.

To all those sufferers who have managed a sober festive period, well done. It's not easy.

To those who haven't, please don't beat yourselves up about it. Keep trying and hopefully you'll get there.
42 days for me……..was gagging for a drink earlier but managed to avoid going out……..never particularly liked xmas drinking as pubs were always full of knobheads…….guess i was one of them!

I keep reminding myself how shit i felt in the morning and that keeps me off it…

Alcohol really is a horrible drug for those suffering with addiction. It wrecks so many lives.

To all those sufferers who have managed a sober festive period, well done. It's not easy.

To those who haven't, please don't beat yourselves up about it. Keep trying and hopefully you'll get there.
Temptation is everywhere! Get through these next few days and a dry January should be easy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.