Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Day 5 - and feel like shit, but that is because I’ve come down with a cold and have an awful sore throat which probably helped keep away from the beer last night whilst every other person was drinking, funny watching pissed up people be knob heads tho.

Gave the remaining beers that were bought for Christmas to next door yesterday so no beer in the house.

Now just need to shake this cold if and get back in the gym!

You’re ‘not trying to belittle anyone’s struggles against alcohol addition’?

IMO anyone who had any empathy for those who’s lives are blighted by it wouldn’t be on here poking fun at it and comparing horrific real life tragedy to tv sitcoms.
I was simply pointing out that people make jokes about addiction like they do about nearly everything else. It’s not a case of comparing real life to a sitcom.

I was simply pointing out that people make jokes about addiction like they do about nearly everything else. It’s not a case of comparing real life to a sitcom.

And I was responding by pointing out that you seeing something joked about in a sitcom doesn’t make it right for you to come on here and poke fun at those fighting addiction.

You’re defending your ‘joke’ because you still think it’s funny don’t you?

And I was responding by pointing out that you seeing something joked about in a sitcom doesn’t make it right for you to come on here and poke fun at those fighting addiction.

You’re defending your ‘joke’ because you still think it’s funny don’t you?
I didn’t poke fun at anybody. However I’ve deleted the post anyway to cut out unnecessary discussion about it but it still seems you still want to make a big deal of it. I’ll leave you to it.

I'm partaking in dry January again this year in the hope that from February I will drink only once a week or less. I've had a tough 2nd half to 2022 so have been drinking Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not exactly bad, it hasn't impacted my health (yet) or affected my work or relationships but don't want this pattern to continue.

One thing I'm going to avoid is drinking alcohol free beer during January. The stuff is a great substitute and helps many but for me it isn't helping my behaviour. If I consume this on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays then behaviourly, I will be inclined to just drink actual beer during these days come February. I'm hoping to actually get in to a habit it of keeping busy Fridays to avoid having a drink and getting used to Sunday walks and enjoying Super Sunday without any beer for the long term.

Im doing dry January for the first time too,Been drinking far too much since lockdown even though I run 5 times a week i need to change my ways and just become an occasional drinker.
Good luck everyone.
I am doing it too. Before December i was a weekend drinker but some bad news early in the month followed by 'fuck it its Christmas' saw me drink near enough everyday. Time for a reset.

Just realised reading this thread I've not had a drink since one before the Everton game, may try for a dry month.

I'm pretty active even in winter but from being in Lanza (all inc) the last week of Nov and with the Xmas 'month' I've been drinking a bit too much.

Just realised reading this thread I've not had a drink since one before the Everton game, may try for a dry month.

I'm pretty active even in winter but from being in Lanza (all inc) the last week of Nov and with the Xmas 'month' I've been drinking a bit too much.

Dry Jan is the easiest Month for me

- already had sh*t loads of booze in December
- skint
- No ones about or doing anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.