Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

My heaviest drinking was when I was in a job and situation I hated. Managed to get well away from that and the drinking scaled down. Can now have gaps and not 'feel it'. Can enjoy a few sociable beers and not feel I'm a slave to it. But getting away from the cause of the binge drinking was essential.

My heaviest drinking was when I was in a job and situation I hated. Managed to get well away from that and the drinking scaled down. Can now have gaps and not 'feel it'. Can enjoy a few sociable beers and not feel I'm a slave to it. But getting away from the cause of the binge drinking was essential.
This is really interesting.

I've not had a drink since August 27th (day we came back to smash Palace) in an attempt to improve my situation as it was seen as a root cause of any issues in the situation.

However, the situation is still there and the time away from the ale has only highlighted that it wasn't the ale that was the problem.

Situation is now in hand and being dealt with appropriately. I'm staying off the ale for the foreseeable but would like to reintroduce it at a time I feel I'm ready.

Was watching some videos this morning on YouTube about one year no beer.
Some real sad stories turning into great successes.
Alcohol has an all to real impact on family life, health and work.

I’ve never gone a year without beer since I was 12, I suspect so many people in UK haven’t with our drinking culture. I’m going to go one year no beer!

Has anyone done this? Any success stories?
For all doing dry January and other personal challenges keep up the good work!

Why is it so difficult to drink a pint of water compared to a pint of guiness, lager, cider?

Could you imagine drinking 20 pints of water on a night out!?

Is there a scientific reason?

Why is it so difficult to drink a pint of water compared to a pint of guiness, lager, cider?

Could you imagine drinking 20 pints of water on a night out!?

Is there a scientific reason?
I think it is down to need. Your body needs liquid. During a normal day, (not on the piss,) you have a drink when you feel thirsty. Your body tells you to top it up.

When you drink a pint of beer, you get the volume of liquid inside you whether you need it or not but the alcohol fucks with your brain, overring the logic circuits that determine whether you need fluid intake.

You then drink another unnecessary amount of fluid which further nullifies your behaviour inhibitors and so it goes on.

Sober, you drink a pint of water and your logic circuits determine whether that was needed or not. Drink another soon after and you realise how unnecessary that was. Any more and you are subjecting yourself to some kind of Japanese Water Torture.

I think this is why drinking lots of beer piles on the weight. Loads of unnecessary calories are imbibed and not used thus are stored as fat.

I think it is down to need. Your body needs liquid. During a normal day, (not on the piss,) you have a drink when you feel thirsty. Your body tells you to top it up.

When you drink a pint of beer, you get the volume of liquid inside you whether you need it or not but the alcohol fucks with your brain, overring the logic circuits that determine whether you need fluid intake.

You then drink another unnecessary amount of fluid which further nullifies your behaviour inhibitors and so it goes on.

Sober, you drink a pint of water and your logic circuits determine whether that was needed or not. Drink another soon after and you realise how unnecessary that was. Any more and you are subjecting yourself to some kind of Japanese Water Torture.

I think this is why drinking lots of beer piles on the weight. Loads of unnecessary calories are imbibed and not used thus are stored as fat.

Alchohol is a diuretic so you're replacing what you piss out but it's never enough and you still end up dehydrated with a brain that's slapping off your skull.

Was watching some videos this morning on YouTube about one year no beer.
Some real sad stories turning into great successes.
Alcohol has an all to real impact on family life, health and work.

I’ve never gone a year without beer since I was 12, I suspect so many people in UK haven’t with our drinking culture. I’m going to go one year no beer!

Has anyone done this? Any success stories?
For all doing dry January and other personal challenges keep up the good work!
52 days sober, not really missing it, no hangovers, anxiety & what the fuck did I say last night…….weather has been shite so I’ve stayed indoors, not so sure when summer arrives and fancy a nice cold beer, we’ll see………

Starting a dry January today. Need to give my liver a serious rest. Realise I need to start drinking less in general, principally because of my health. I simply can’t keep hammering it like I’m 23. I believe I have a pretty positive relationship with alcohol, don’t think it impacts negatively on my relationships or my work, but I know if I keep drinking at the same rate I’ll be lucky to make 60. Promised my girlfriend I’ll start taking more care of myself and reducing my alcohol intake is central to that.

Usually do a dry month at some point every year, but didn’t last year, which is a concern of itself. It was a pretty stressful year, but there’s always an excuse. I know it’s not just about this month; I’ve got to cut down drastically going forward, as much as I fucking love the stuff!
So far, so good. Have missed it a lot less than in previous dry months. I’ve got a mad, seriously intense fortnight coming up, work wise, and it will be interesting to see how I respond when I get to the other end of it, around 25th. In previous years I would have called time on my dry month a few days early, but I’m a bit more determined to see it through this time - and more importantly, reduce my intake after this month is over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.