Another 109 letter about standing

Letter about standing received.

Well after much debate on here about whether the club was sending out letters about standing or not, there was mine lying on the mat awaiting my blearly eyed presence this morning to retrieve it.

It really echo's what was sent out just after the season started,with the exception of stating,''Following recent and well documented events i wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of the clubs policy in relation to persistant standing in the stadium.''

It then goes on to spout about how they implimented a policy to tolerate[kind of them] standing in a number of blocks in the South stand and then the singing section.

It really rehashes all the usual company speak about limits to how many can stand,the views of fans who want to sit being impeded and how they wish to make match days 'As enjoyable experiance as possible for all our fans'......could have fucking fooled me!

I am then requested that myself and my fellow fans[well i have no control over them i'm afraid] remain in our seats for the majority of the match.I am then threatened [Yes i feel the word is appropriate] if i refuse to sit when asked by one of our people friendly stewards i will face having my seasoncard de-activated [ what a great word!] for a minimum of three matches.As i pay £490 a year and due to work probably miss about ten matches,can i choose the three matches,lol?

I have some sympathy with the club they are caught a bit between a rock and a hard place.Having said that i don't like letters like this.Part of the great 'Matchday experiance' i keep being quoted for me means standing,swearing,singing and giving the ref at times and a few tossers on the away team some dogs abuse.It is an emotional game and a form of stress relief.

All week at work we have to toe the line.Be nice to utter tossers we would like to spark out,bite the bullet,be polite,smile when sometimes we want to cry.For 90 minutes on a matchday we want to let the inner rebel out.Be a little naughty,act the goat,have some....fun??

Now it is like being back at school or work.Can't do this,can't do that,abide by the company's policy,behave....or else!

All this does is make me want to throw a fucking brick through someone's window.I hate it with a passion!

Well done the club for at one of the best times i can remember on the field in 35 years of mainly fucking misery, supporting my beloved City,creating a 'Them and us' atmosphere.A feeling of hatred,contempt and simmering resentment.A round of applause hey for the 'Matchday experiance!'......But don't overdo it lads or the big stick will come out!

To lessen the impact of the big brother letter they will be sending out a short[really?] survey by e mail to assess attitudes to standing at football matches.How about opening your fucking eyes and looking at the South stand?

This survey is only for us selected blighters in blocks 109 and 119 given our proximity to the South stand.Last time i looked,in block 119 i was right smack bang in the middle of the South stand,lol!!

We will see where this goes.Not sure where i personaly want to go.It is tragic but after 44 years of following City through wind,at times bricks,hail and snow,with the odd glimmer of sunshine,on the cusp of probably the greatest period in my lifetime,enough may be enough.Still i am sure once we have a bit more success a new breed of fan will eagerly snap up my seasoncard and sit all well behaved like, with their popcorn and cola and enjoy the 'Matchday experiance!'I could fucking weep!

Re: Letter about standing received.

Same here mate, different owners, managers, breed of fan. We aren't a working class team anymore, how can we be with so much money?

Manchestercitychorlton said:
crizack said:
Same here mate, different owners, managers, breed of fan. We aren't a working class team anymore, how can we be with so much money?

??????????? over the top or what just cos we cant stand now our fans are different and the entire club, RAG

I've met Steve Sayer, I actually bought him a couple of pints. Nice fella, but I think he is just abideing by club and FA Premier League policy in this letter.

117 M34 said:
Looked like the front few rows sat down today
Yeah, the ban hammer is coming down. Starting with the first four rows. They were taking shit loads of seat numbers today.

Have received the letter now by the way and so has my brother so this one did reach us. Will be happy to take another survey to tell them what's blatantly obvious; we want to stand. That's why your stewards are having a tough time because the vast vast majority want to stand. It's not the first couple of rows stopping everyone else, it's row after row they're having to force to sit down with ban threats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.